587,753 active members*
3,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Command line switch to selext machine config?

Hi,

Is there a way to tell NCPlot when it starts what machine configuration to use?

I have gcode for both mills and lathes - so when I invoke NCPlot programatically, and pass the gcode file name to open as part of the command line, NC plot does not know (50% of the time) how to interpret the loaded gcode... I'm getting tired of having to manually change the machine config after ncplot loads

What I think I'd like is a way to tell NCPLot the machine config to use via a command line switch. Then when loading mill gcode I'd tell it to use the mill config, when loading lathe gcode, I'd tell it to load the lathe machine config.

Or maybe there is another way to solve this?

Dave

Hi Dave,

There is actually two ways to do this: The first is a command line switch as you mentioned, and the second is a script command.

You can select a machine configuration via a command line option by editing the NCPlot shortcut. Right click the shortcut and select properties. The shortcut target string normally looks something like this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCPlot v2.23\NCPlot.exe"

To specifiy a configuration, add the switch "config" to it like this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCPlot v2.23\NCPlot.exe" config="mill"

You can create multiple shortcuts this way each starting NCPlot with a different configuration.

Another way to automatically select a configuration is to add a script command to the beginning of your programs:
    (## NCPLOT.NCPSETCONFIG "MILL")

If you add this line to your program before any program commands then NCPlot will execute this as a script command, allowing you to set the configuration per program. The script command is executed once each time the file is loaded. This method actually allows you to execute ANY script command on file load, and there can be more than one line. Any line that starts with "(## " is treated as a script command as long as it appears before any G-Codes.

Thanks,
    Scott

Thanks Scott - that should do nicely.

Are there other command line switches and if so are they in the docs somewerhe? I looked for command line & switches etc but didn't find them in help.

Dave

Dave,

The config switch is the only command line option. I'll try to get these added to the help before the next update.

Thanks,
    Scott