587,704 active members*
3,545 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Opinion/Advice CNC G500 from eurotools24.de

Opinion/Advice CNC G500 from eurotools24.de

Hi,
    I'm a newbie to cnc and willing to buy my first machine. I'm willing to cut and mill wood mainly but also some smaller alluminum and plastic works.
    Since my budget is about 1500$ I was about to by the classic chinese 6040 from ebay, but then I found an alternative from eurotools24.de .

Attachment 252504

The machine is beautifully finished, everything precise and shiny, with double motor on x axis and all with ballscrews. But I think it's still chenese instead of german made and all the structure looks little bit lightweight...
    You guys with more experience, can you have a look at those photos, how it looks like (quality wise)? Better classic chinese"YOOCNC 6040" from ebay or this one?
    Or an other alternative (european shipping).

Thanks!!!

Re: Opinion/Advice CNC G500 from eurotools24.de

Hi,

I know we are more than a year later, but I just ordered this machine and I'm waiting for it as we speak.
    Why? Because of the double Nema 23 motors on the Y axis and the ball screw FSK 1204.
    And also the nice finition and the ability to "upgrade" the machine here and there.

For instance, I will build the electronics (PSU and controller card & emergency button etc) in a nice heavy-duty 19" enclosure and will upgrade the wires (shielding and connectors).
    I spoke to someone who has this machine since 2013, and he's still very pleased with it.
    The only thing is that you'll have to construct your own base, and purchase a T-slot bed too if required, but at least, you're free to make whatever your needs are.

I will order a 4 cm thick beech plate made to measures and will secure the frame on it. Then an aluminium T-Slot bed of 600 x 400 will be added.
    In the future, some limit-switches will be added too.

But if you need a ready to go machine, this is probably not the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Denus View Post
    Hi,

I know we are more than a year later, but I just ordered this machine and I'm waiting for it as we speak.
    Why? Because of the double Nema 23 motors on the Y axis and the ball screw FSK 1204.
    And also the nice finition and the ability to "upgrade" the machine here and there.

For instance, I will build the electronics (PSU and controller card & emergency button etc) in a nice heavy-duty 19" enclosure and will upgrade the wires (shielding and connectors).
    I spoke to someone who has this machine since 2013, and he's still very pleased with it.
    The only thing is that you'll have to construct your own base, and purchase a T-slot bed too if required, but at least, you're free to make whatever your needs are.

I will order a 4 cm thick beech plate made to measures and will secure the frame on it. Then an aluminium T-Slot bed of 600 x 400 will be added.
    In the future, some limit-switches will be added too.

But if you need a ready to go machine, this is probably not the right choice.
    I realised I needed more rigid machine, much more, and I bought one used heavyweight diy construction and I rebuilt all the electronics.
    Did you receive yours? How is it?

I received mine, and added a 10mm tooling aluminium base to it with a T-slot bed, and it rocks!

Attachment 304296

Quote Originally Posted by Denus View Post
    I received mine, and added a 10mm tooling aluminium base to it with a T-slot bed, and it rocks!

Nice!
    I newer understood from the photos how are those linear slide bearings done? How is it running?

"It rocks" is not really a description that most of us would want for their CNC machines. "Rock steady" would be better. Those look like very long unsupported round rails throughout, which would compromise rigidity considerably.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    "It rocks" is not really a description that most of us would want for their CNC machines. "Rock steady" would be better. Those look like very long unsupported round rails throughout, which would compromise rigidity considerably.
    That's why I took another street and bought an ugly old heavy machine, I needed rigidity for my application. But for my curiosity (since I opened this thread long time ago) how are those linear rail slide bearings realised? You can see on the images of my original post that there are not regular bearings there... Some brass tube fitting?
    Can you confirm Denus?