587,475 active members*
3,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FAGOR Controller Tool Radius Problem

I have a Machine Centre with a Fagor 8055M controller.

When the Tool is in the Spindle and I change the Radius Value on the Tool Calibration, then run a program which includes G41/G42 from my PC via DNC, the new Radius Value is not updated until I run the program a second time.

Is there anyway I can force the program to read the revised radius?
    Could this be a PLC or software problem?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Kiwi,

Are you running in Infinite Length execution from the DNC software ? Regardless, you shouldn't have that problem, but in any regards, can you please verify you still have the problem and if yes, what is your software version ?

I have never heard of your reported problem, but will find a solution for you if you still have the problem.

Todd

Hi Todd

Still unable to solve my problem.
    I am running in Infinite Length via WinDNC Software, but I now find I also have the same problem when running the program from the CNC memory.
    The Software is Version 7.15 dated 01/09/04.

Thankyou for your help.
    Kiwi

Hi Kiwi,

When you change the radius of the tool, are you
    1) In the tool inspection mode within the execution or simulation mode ?
    2) Actually in the tool table editing the R value ?t
    3) In the auto tool calibration mode located within the Manual mode on the G-code side of the control ?
    4) In the Tool calibration auto cycle on the conversational side of the control ?

If you are doing it with methods 2, 3 or 4. Try hitting the "reset" key after entering the change.

If that doesn't work, I will look further into this.

Thank you for your patience !

Todd

Hi Todd,

I've done some more testing and it appears the RESET needs to be pressed.
    I have found that it wasn't the program getting run a second time which rectified the error, it was that I stopped the program and then pressed RESET.
    1) No. 2) No. 3) No. 4) No. (I believe I have answered correctly?)
    I ran in the Conversational Mode with No problem.
    I changed the Radius in the Tool Table and the new figure was not read until I pressed RESET even after running more than once.

This is the procedure which I have been doing:
    Standard MC Screen Operating Mode.
    Tool in the spindle.
    Press F1 (Tool Calibration)
    Change 'R' Value.....ENTER.....ESC
    SHIFT...ESC
    EXECUTE
    (Select PXXXXXXX).....ENTER
    RUN (to end.)
    The revised R value is not read.
    SHIFT....ESC
    Check the 'R' Value
    Run a second time.....
    SHIFT/ESC/EXECUTE/PXXXXXX/ENTER/RUN
    The revised R value is still not read.

Pressing RESET updates the value but I see this as a bit of a trap.

Thank you for your help.
    Kiwi

Hi Kiwi,

I apologize for my delay in replying, apparently my email was not updated with the reply to this thread and I had forgotten about it.

In any regards, I see by your key strokes you are doing your tool calibration on the G-code side of the control, go into the conversational side and hit the tool calibration icon key.... you'll find its extremely easy to set your tools in that mode.

Nothing wrong with doing it on the G-code side, but you have to think a little on that side.

As a note, on hitting the reset key, I "believe", there is a general parameter that asks if it is required or not to press the reset key after a tool change or tool value change. Your parameter must be set to yes, a reset is required to activate. Check your Installation manual within the General Parameter section. (I would check for you, but do not have a manual set handy to me this morning)

Good Luck !

Todd

Hi Todd ....Thankyou for your reply.
    I've looked through the General Parameters and the only one that I could find is TOFFM06 which is "Tool Offset with M06". This is set to NO which puzzles me as my machine is a machine centre with a Non Random Tool Changer. The info I have says it should be YES for a Machine Centre. Anyway I changed this to Yes, saved, turned machine Off/On and still with the same result. Radius figure not recognized until Reset.
    I've attached a spreadsheet of the Parameters of my settings, if you could have a quick look I would appreciate it.
    Cheers Kiwi.
    Attached Files Attached Files