I'm struggling to work out why my motors (On all Axis so it's not just a dodgy motor) have started stalling randomly.
When I first setup my CNC I ran all the EMC tests to determine max speed and ended up settling on 3000mm/min which was about 80% of the speed before it started to cause motor stalling.
It's worked fine for months now (Although aside from getting it into position it hasn't run at those speeds very often) without issue, now all of a sudden the motors are randomly stalling (Making that horrible noise that they do) and causing everything to end up out of whack. It is stalling at speeds of 800mm with nearly no load on it (Using it to make prototype PCBs at the moment so it's only 0.075mm deep) and it's been stalling (Most recently the Z axis stalled twice within minutes of each other at only 200mm).
My question now is how do I work out where the issue is? It could be the PC outputting a bad/out of phase signal to the controller, it could be the controller, it could be the SMPS. I'm running a 320W Meanwell PFC SMPS which in my experience are usually quite reliable so I'm guessing it's one of the former but I have no idea why it would suddenly give problems like this or how to work out what's wrong.