587,453 active members*
4,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: DNC Programs

DNC Programs

I would like to use DNC to run programs on my mill (1992 Anilam crusader GXM with 2x 42k memory areas)
    Can anyone advise on a good DNC program that is available on the net and that would not break the bank?
    Thanx
    Pieter

www.integratedmechanical.ca

I didn't think it is had much to do with an external program as it is to do with the controls software options and capabilities.

Most controls have a function that will do the DNC process internally. Either by disk or possibly RS-232 while stored as a DNC format?

DC

I've read up on the Anilam crusader and it's dnc funtion works as follows:
    It would load the first part of the program into the 1'st memory area and then start to run the program from memory while loading the second part into background memory. once the first part has been completed it would swap background to foreground and run that while loading 3rd part into backgound. etc etc
    Program is broken up manually by inserting % signs at the beginning and end of each program section.
    Subprograms are not allowed and any subroutines must fall compleaely within the current section.

Would you just use normal file transfer mode and the controll key the computer when it is ready to recieve the next section?
    I was under the impression thet dnc worked one command at a time??
    Pieter