587,092 active members*
4,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

WTB Tormach duality lathe

I'm looking for a Tormach duality lathe. If anyone knows of one for sale or has one they would like to sale please let me know.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Re: WTB Tormach duality lathe

Quote Originally Posted by UTA1996ME View Post
    I'm looking for a Tormach duality lathe. If anyone knows of one for sale or has one they would like to sale please let me know.

Thanks,
    Shawn
    Whereabouts are you located? I've been thinking about selling mine in anticipation of upgrading to Tormach's SBL. I'm in the Chicago area.

Mike

Near Dallas, TX. Would you be willing to ship? If so how much would you want for it and does it have a chuck and tool holder?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Whereabouts are you located? I've been thinking about selling mine in anticipation of upgrading to Tormach's SBL. I'm in the Chicago area.

Mike

Let me check into how much will be required to package this. It has the 3-jaw chuck, all the hardware to mount it to the Tormach table and make the electrical connections, the software DVD, the QC toolpost with Tormach spindle mount and a ton of holders. Are you interested in the cutting tools as well? I'd be looking for around 60% of retail, so let me know if that is too much for your budget.

Do you have a preference on carrier?

Mike

Yes, I would be interested in all of it. Can you give me a list or take some pictures of the tooling and how much $$?
    Would also like to see some pictures of the lathe. I'm new to this forum. Is there a way to PM you my contact info?

I have a buddy that runs some trucks from Chicago. I might want to use him if it works out, if not I don't have a preference.
    When we get to that point, just need a crate size and weight and I'll get him to quote it.

I have read a few post that said some people have had some vibration issues with these lathes. Did you use this one much and
    did it vibrate any?

Thanks,
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Let me check into how much will be required to package this. It has the 3-jaw chuck, all the hardware to mount it to the Tormach table and make the electrical connections, the software DVD, the QC toolpost with Tormach spindle mount and a ton of holders. Are you interested in the cutting tools as well? I'd be looking for around 60% of retail, so let me know if that is too much for your budget.

Do you have a preference on carrier?

Mike

I just sent you a private mail (PM). If you've accepted notifications in your profile, you should get an email that the PM is waiting for you to read it.

It's been a while since I last used it, but I don't remember any vibrations. I have a little over 20 toolholders for it as well as a shop made wall rack for 20 holders made in maple. It would be nice if your friend could pick it up. I'm not all that anxious to make a wooden crate for it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by UTA1996ME View Post
    I'm new to this forum.
    In which case, I would recommend that you search the forum for "duality lathe" and read a few threads. Check to see if it's likely to be capable enough for your work before taking the plunge.
    Step