587,316 active members*
3,352 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Legal, real / virtual street dragging :)

Legal, real / virtual street dragging :)

The cars are real and are locked down onto dyno rollers. you still need a good car to do well. Not as good as the real thing but a good comprimise.
    More details here... http://site.dragtag.com.au/
    The video will take a few moments to load.
    New Page 2

I thought this was going to be a thread about street drags versus legal strip drags, versus video gaming. While I find the concept of a video gamed real car experience interesting, I have to ask, Why? If your neck doesn't feel the weight of your head snapping back from the G forces, and dont feel your body sinking into the seat at each shift change, you might as well be sitting on your couch in your living room.

Hard to believe that's much cheaper than a real drag strip. I agree, without any real motion, it would feel odd. Also seems it will instill a false sense of ET capability of the car and driver since traction can never be an issue on the dyno rollers given how tightly they are strapped down.

I've taken my car to the track and to the dyno many times. There's no debate over which gets my heart rate going faster.