587,021 active members*
4,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > PM45m(rf45 clone) cnc build log with factory 3hp variable speed

Hybrid View

The drive is what is higher voltage, but they will know what your asking about.

I just got through reading some threads on a DMM system on a IH clone mill. It seems with a 5 TPI screw, 3 to 1 belt drive, Mach 3 "no Smooth Stepper" and only 48v on old drive he was getting 120ipm rapids. Ofcourse these systems will be able to use what ever they get for cutting because they dont lose power at RPM like other systems. But Mach3 is what was holding him back at 120ipm. WIth a SS and some more voltage he would be flying.

So with a Smooth Stepper & 75v 150 to 200ipm should be possible.

If I understand right they can run the old driver at 75v and get 1300rpm instead of 1000. Plus they have a new drive which should be out in March that drives them even better ( plus it doesnt need a power supply). IDK if its really ready or not but when you talk to them again just ask.

Anyway a 5 TPI screw should work fine ( or 5mm per turn which is close to same).

These systems are so quite and smooth I would upgrade my system if I could afford to and I havnt even finished mine yet. I have the one you listed from Keling except I have the 850 instead of the 1125 servos. STill a heck of a system but they dont compair to the DMM A/C setup. I noticed Keling has two A/C motor/drive setups but I dont know anyone that has run them. The DMM has proven itself and thats hard to over look.

Just for the heck of it here is a video of a IH mill cutting at 85 & 100ipm. I havnt seen any other machines cutting this fast so it goes to show with good power ( which the A/C systems have) even 120 ipm can be alot.

Untitled Document

Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY13 View Post
    The drive is what is higher voltage, but they will know what your asking about.

I just got through reading some threads on a DMM system on a IH clone mill. It seems with a 5 TPI screw, 3 to 1 belt drive, Mach 3 "no Smooth Stepper" and only 48v on old drive he was getting 120ipm rapids. Ofcourse these systems will be able to use what ever they get for cutting because they dont lose power at RPM like other systems. But Mach3 is what was holding him back at 120ipm. WIth a SS and some more voltage he would be flying.

So with a Smooth Stepper & 75v 150 to 200ipm should be possible.

If I understand right they can run the old driver at 75v and get 1300rpm instead of 1000. Plus they have a new drive which should be out in March that drives them even better ( plus it doesnt need a power supply). IDK if its really ready or not but when you talk to them again just ask.

Anyway a 5 TPI screw should work fine ( or 5mm per turn which is close to same).

These systems are so quite and smooth I would upgrade my system if I could afford to and I havnt even finished mine yet. I have the one you listed from Keling except I have the 850 instead of the 1125 servos. STill a heck of a system but they dont compair to the DMM A/C setup. I noticed Keling has two A/C motor/drive setups but I dont know anyone that has run them. The DMM has proven itself and thats hard to over look.

Just for the heck of it here is a video of a IH mill cutting at 85 & 100ipm. I havnt seen any other machines cutting this fast so it goes to show with good power ( which the A/C systems have) even 120 ipm can be alot.

Untitled Document

Jess

Thanks for the additional info.

I talked to DMM and ordered the 3 axis ac servo kit with upgraded drives less power supply. These will run 1300 rpm like you talked about. I added an Antek PS-15N63 power supply that is 63volts at 23 amps per their suggestion.

FYI, about a month for the faster drives that will drive the 900 watt servos to 3k like you said. I don't think I need the extra speed and am impatient