587,372 active members*
3,641 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bobcad ver 20. flickering or vanishing when rotating wire frames or solid

bobcad ver 20. flickering or vanishing when rotating wire frames or solid

Hello,
    I have ver 18-20 bob cad.My problem is with ver 19&20 concerning 3d wire frame and rendering problems.When rotating a wire frame in ver18,it works perfectly.In 19 & 20,the wire frame flickers or dissapears when you revolve it.I was told by bob cad techs that the problem is inherant in the 19 & 20 versions due to using GDI intrface instead of open GL interface.I have tried turing my hardware acceleration up and down with only minimal improvements.they told me to maybe download a hot fix for GDI interface,but i cant find the exact thing there talking about. My operating system is windows pro sp-1.I have a late model laptop computer 2.8gigahertz pentium 4, with a invidia geforce fx go 5600 video card.Its not like im running an old clunker.... any assistance with this problem would be greatly apreciated. thanks,steve

Try updating your video drivers.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Have not noticed it myself, I'll give it a go and get back to you.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Steve,

I have a minor flicker (does not bother me) but my geometry is not disappearing at all and even though there is a slight flick I have full visibility of the part. I tried version 18 and got the same result. I am using a laptop a little bit slower than yours. I tried it on out high end PC in the office and it is as smooth as anything. There is that GDI thing still lurking around in a lot of software. I believe BobCAD is switching over completely to OpenGL in the next version. Mmmmm, changing technology, a necessary evil. Hang in there bud, like ger21 suggested try some of the latest graphics drivers, they may make it at least a little bit better.
    Dave Drain

Have no experience with BoBCad but with in OneCNC there is a setting under Display properties called "Dynamic Viewing" when left un-checked video is much faster, perhaps your system has something similar.

Ken

ver 20.bobcad vanishing when revolving #2

hey guys,
    thanks for the quick feedback.I have looked for new drivers at invidia,for my FX go 5600 video card,but when they give the link for the 5600 series,theres a note on the bottom stating "drivers are for FX Go 5600 desk top only,does not support 5600 mobile units ."consult your manufacturer for driver". Thats kind of hard to do when i had this lap top custom built from a small computer shop.Its not a dell,hp,compaq etc.It was pretty high end a couple years ago when i had it built,but its generic. I even tried using the new 5600 driver,but it wouldnt even finish the install.
    does anyone know what particular windows hot fix for the GDI interface revision i might need?If someone could post me a link of the file name it would be great. thanks guys, Steve Kemp

I have a $2500.00 video card in my machine and it still does the same thing. I called them and anounced my displeasure with it, and they informed me they will have a GL update in approx 7 months. That's about as good as it gets.

My whole laptop cost $2500.00 that must be one hell of a video card. I think you had better check it is working properly.
    Dave Drain

Nividia Quadtro 4000. Made for GL stuff. VERY fast when it comes to cad (SolidWorks). $2500 is cheap for these. Believe it or not, but there are ALOT more expensive cad cards.