587,453 active members*
4,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM 7.08 2d Drafting improvements

SprutCAM 7.08 2d Drafting improvements

Take a look at the 2d drafting improvements in the upcoming SprutCAM 7.08.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpEep9WLvUg"]YouTube- SprutCAM 7 2d Drafting[/nomedia]

Very very nice , I like SprutCAM ... I really do ... have many improvements not seen in other systems but if You don`t begin to fix bugs , improve stability , change some big mistakes people will turn around and don`t speak so nice about that.

Don`t get me wrong , I am a SC user since more than a year , and some reported bugs not even the smallest onces are fixed.

You do many news and improvements ( I like that ) but you can not forget what`s behind you, people count on you.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pit202 View Post
    Very very nice , I like SprutCAM ... I really do ... have many improvements not seen in other systems but if You don`t begin to fix bugs , improve stability , change some big mistakes people will turn around and don`t speak so nice about that.

Don`t get me wrong , I am a SC user since more than a year , and some reported bugs not even the smallest onces are fixed.

You do many news and improvements ( I like that ) but you can not forget what`s behind you, people count on you.

Peter
    Hello Peter,
    thank you for the comment.
    What is you most annoying SC bug, or maybe most wanted feature?

Few things for today :

1/ most of my parts needs to be machine from at least 2 sides, this is a pain in the ass when I need to disable and enable the top and bottom operations to calculate and generate the code for each side, there will be fine If there will be something like sequences in edgecam, each sequence have their own zero point , and I can get the code for each sequence without disabling something.

2/ wrong detection of through and blind hole ( in face and detection )

3/ tapping tool without a "Pitch" parameter in a library

4/ there will be fine to have a "spiral" strategy in rough operation.

5/ terrible plane detection in rough when using big tools , sometimes leaves planes unmachined

6/ terrible plane detection in finish waterline : detects bottom planes

7/ terrible work with 2d conturing and compensated paths !

8/ choice all parameters in "lead in / Lead out" eg. aproach and retraction with those rollout menu is horrible

and to be not so bad I can tell you that I was a EdgeCAM user since 7 years and In spite of those errors I still switched to SprutCAM.

The operations were better in edgecam ( was a spiral , and better detection of planes .... ) but all around was worst.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pit202 View Post
    Few things for today :

1/ most of my parts needs to be machine from at least 2 sides, this is a pain in the ass when I need to disable and enable the top and bottom operations to calculate and generate the code for each side, there will be fine If there will be something like sequences in edgecam, each sequence have their own zero point , and I can get the code for each sequence without disabling something.

2/ wrong detection of through and blind hole ( in face and detection )

3/ tapping tool without a "Pitch" parameter in a library

4/ there will be fine to have a "spiral" strategy in rough operation.

5/ terrible plane detection in rough when using big tools , sometimes leaves planes unmachined

6/ terrible plane detection in finish waterline : detects bottom planes

7/ terrible work with 2d conturing and compensated paths !

8/ choice all parameters in "lead in / Lead out" eg. aproach and retraction with those rollout menu is horrible

and to be not so bad I can tell you that I was a EdgeCAM user since 7 years and In spite of those errors I still switched to SprutCAM.

The operations were better in edgecam ( was a spiral , and better detection of planes .... ) but all around was worst.

Peter
    Hello Peter.

1/ Why do you not use multiple setups, local coordinate systems? Can you attach an example project, please.

2/ In SC7 the double-click on a hole selects all the holes with the same diameter. Adding these surfaces to the job assignment by the Center button automatically detects blind and through holes. If it doesn't work on some of your parts, please attach the test model and we'll fix the problem.

3/ In SC7.08 you can add any tool type you want. We have added five new tool types: the slot, lollipop, dove mill, the thread mill and the two stage drill. You can easily expand this list with your own tools.

4/ I think adding the spiral strategy is not so hard as writing the parallel pocketing. The parallel pocketing have been written for about a month.

5/ Need a test project

6/ Need a test project

7/ The compensation simulation has been improved a lot during last months.

8/ What'd you prefer: the radio buttons?

my bad I use 2007 version , some of new features and improvements are not included in my compilation.

I`ll send you some files via email.

8/ Radio buttons could be better

Peter