587,628 active members*
3,368 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bobart pro X?

Anyone using Bobart pro X? Do you need V20 to run? I am looking for something to import line artwork.

BobART PRO-X allows you to import Jpeg, Bitmap, Gif, Tiff and png files into it. Once the image is there you can use Raster to Vector operations to get all of the 2D contours. Then you send those 2D contours to V20 and machine them. What program are you creating your line art in? For example, Corel will allow you to create and export a dxf file. That DXF file can be opened in V20. I do this from time to time. BobART PRO-X only works with V20. The primary upgrade to BobART PRO-X is embossing and relief modeling and toolpathing.
    CNC Dude

I have V18 and V19 now and don't want to upgrade. I have a drawing done by hand and scanned in but need to convert it so I can use it.

Would you like me to see what I can do with it for you?
    CNC Dude

I have a scanned drawing and would like to see how this works so if you would like to convert it to a dxf here it is. if this works let me know how it was done. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engraving angle speaks with women.jpg  

Fastolds,

I am using Bobart Pro X, it rocks. Yes you do need V20. The image you attached, do you want to do a relief toolpath or a simple engraving of it?

Let us know and I too will see what I can do for you.

Dave
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Just a simple centerline engraving. I get these types of images from time to time and would like to be able to do different things with them. Scale them up or down, edit them, etc.

Any Luck???

I have had a go at it. The biggest problem is that in BobART you can not achieve a centre line vector it will only do an outline, I believe they are working on this. Try the demo version of wintopo (I think this is what its called) it will do a centre line vectorization.

Good Luck
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

BobART PRO-X outputs 2D contours from a picture that represent the center of the cutting tool unless otherwise specified. Such as in a pocketing cycle. I had a go with the picture and everything worked well. I then used the 2D contours to build a relief model. You can scale, edit and use the settings to get the required result.
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graphic1.jpg  

And then there was toolpath...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graphic2.jpg  

And then there was G-Code and Simulation...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graphic3.jpg  

Or you can just engrave the design and produce the NC program. I hope these posts shed some light in terms of what BobART PRO-X can do for you.
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graphic4.jpg