587,418 active members*
3,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Camsoft and OneCNC

Has anyone used Camsoft motion control software with OneCNC CADCAM and shared them on the same computer using OneCNC for the CADCAM and Camsoft to run the program? I'm using a Galil motion control card with Camsoft CNC professional. Fanuc seems to be the closest to matching for a post from OneCNC. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi CrazyRich
    I answered you already in a pm, but for public record, you should not have any insurmountable problems.

The Camsoft interface can be customized or altered to do about anything, so you'd just have to make sure that your gcodes are set up to work exactly as they would on a FANUC, and you should be good to go.

I'd be careful about running OneCNC to do some heavy calculations while the machine is running though. It could hog the whole cpu for a few moments. I suppose if you've got your computer set up with Win2000 or WinXP, you'll be better off in such circumstances, than using the older Win9x series.

You won't have to use RS232 communications, of course. Just save the nc file from OneCNC (call it *.job if you like) and then find it and open it inside the Camsoft gui.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)