587,645 active members*
2,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > WJ200 + 1.5kWw Air-cooled, am I missing any settings?

Hybrid View

Question WJ200 + 1.5kWw Air-cooled, am I missing any settings?

Greetings all, I have read through some of the other threads regarding the WJ200 but most of them seem to relate to a water-cooled setup so I thought I would ask in my own thread what settings I need to set for my setup (mainly to make sure I'm not missing anything! Like I *think* I read in one thread that I thought you should set some minimum frequency somewhere to avoid "burning out an air-cooled spindle")?

So my setup is an Air-cooled 1.5kW chinese spindle and a WJ200 (the 1.5kW model). I am using a PMDX-107 which I have wired according to instructions I got from Steve Stallings at PMDX (thanks Steve!). I have not yet wired the spindle but I have tested the VFD without the spindle wired and it appears to work correctly (when I press the diagnostic/test button on the 107 the spindle fires up to 24,000rpm and then when I press it again it goes to the proper 30% rpm [around 7600rpm or something]).

Using the ProDriveNext software I have only changed 4 things on the VFD, so I'd like to know if I'm missing any items that I need to set before I wire up the spindle to this sucker! These are the settings I have changed:

A001: Frequency Source: <01: Control Terminals>
    A002: Run Command Source: <01: Control Terminal>
    A003: Base Frequency: <400.0>
    A004: Maximum Frequency: <400.0>

While I'd love to think that's all thee is to it, I feel like maybe I'm missing some items? Thanks in advance!

Oh, this is how I am wired from the 107 to the VFD:

PMDX-107 >>> WJ200

Rev/Dir >>> 2
    Fwd/Run >>> 1
    COM >>> P24

Aref >>> H
    Aout >>> O
    Agnd >>> L on lower row

strap >>> PLC to L on upper row

w/o looking at terminal strip pinpout, all u say sounds good. min speed is good idea to not overheat a motor but u can just not turn it all the way down to 'too' slow urself too. besides, chinese 400v@24krpm means the voltage is soooooooooo loooooooooow at low speed that it wont produce any meaningful torque - or heat - anyway, so probably a mute point.