587,125 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Mastercam Help Anyone? I need help!!

Exclamation Mastercam Help Anyone? I need help!!

I am just learning Mastercam and I need some assistance from one of you guys that can help me with how to do a bolt hole array. Years ago whenI was running Autocad, it was simple, just select array and then pick a start point for the array and whether it was 360 degrees and then how many holes and bam there it is. On Mastercam I don't even know where to start!!!??? Can one of you kind gentlemen give me a clue? I appreciate your assistance

Create a point for a drilled hole or an arc for an interpolated hole at the first hole location. Then go to xform and rotate. Select the point or arc then enter the center of the bolt circle. Enter the angle between holes and the number of times to copy.
    HTH
    Ryan

Thank you Ryan!!!

In Mastercam X go to C-hooks and use BoltCircle.dll and fille the info and it will lay it out for you.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I think it would be a good idea if they added a drop down menu with all the C hooks listed on it. What say you Jayson?

Well there are not many chooks being used these days buy they may add some info in to the Chooks dir. But then you have a Icon button that can be added in some cases they are made for you as a tool bar.
    I agree with this thought years back as there has not been enough info on them.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .