587,006 active members*
3,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > How I fixed my Chinese TB6560 controller (updated)

Hybrid View

Re: How I fixed my Chinese TB6560 controller (updated)

Ok, I have a good one now. Everything is plugged in, my Y and Z axis are moving great. My X axis is being weird. My X steppers are mostly running in opposite directions to each other. I say mostly because they occasionally run in the same direction. They also swap what direction they are going in, even when just pressing the same direction button over and over???

Quote Originally Posted by waynethewelder View Post
    Ok, I have a good one now. Everything is plugged in, my Y and Z axis are moving great. My X axis is being weird. My X steppers are mostly running in opposite directions to each other. I say mostly because they occasionally run in the same direction. They also swap what direction they are going in, even when just pressing the same direction button over and over???
    Well I kept playing with various setting as suggested by users in the stepper motors section of this forum and continued to search for others with the same or similar issue.

The fault that seamed to come up the most was a bad connection somewhere. So once I quickly went through trying various settings, I decided to go through every connection I could find.

Bad connection 1- one of the direction wire connectors on my X1 stepper was badly corroded. Cleaned that up and carried on.

Bad connection 2 - on the same line ( not sure if it was the same direction wire) one of the direction wires was not clamped into the connection correctly. Just touching it. Stripped back the wire a little and clamped it in correctly. Checked all the others while I was there.

Eureka!!!! I ran a small program and it was perfect. I then spent the rest of my afternoon replacing some access panels and cleaning up the cable routing in my control tower as I’d made a mess of it all.

First pic is the trial run ( my soap stone snapped part way through)
    Second pic is the board setup.
    Third pic is where I found the loose connection.