587,729 active members*
3,122 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Mori Seiki ZL25B Tailstock Unclamp Saddle engage Help

Hybrid View

Mori Seiki ZL25B Tailstock Unclamp Saddle engage Help

Hello,

I was wondering if some out here could help me. I have a Mori ZL-25 that I have been doing some lower turret work with. The last time I used the tailstock I was able to get the connecting pin to engage correctly and travel via the saddle on the lower turret.

Now however, I can't get the dang thing to "joint position" where the pin shoots up into the clasp. I've tried Z0, Z+ until the over travel went off, and even jogging it forward and back holding the Unclamp (pin engage) button and the jog buttons, but I can't get it to lock correctly and travel with the lower turret.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thank you!

There is an mcode to go to joint position. You should also have a custom page to allow you to do it manually.

Thanks underthetire I will look for it. (You wouldn't happen to know it would you?)

Which screen would the custom page be in? As you can tell I have been trying with no luck to do it by position.

Thanks!

try G479. it can depend on the vintage of machine. this works with most Mori's after 1996 with tow-along tailstock.
    also read this....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mori_l...322_alarm.html

Thanks Again fordav11! You're really awesome about this!

I put a request in to our maintenance guys, I tried to visually line up the pin with the override and unclamp and I think the tailstock might be over traveled. If they can't do anything I'll start over with the tips from your other thread. But I didn't see TSJTMOD LED mentioned in the Operator's manual when I was trying to manual pick it up.

Also, thanks again for the tip on the turret steady we're getting quotes to have one put on the other machine!

TSJTMOD is 'Tailstock Joint Mode'.
    It simply enables the turret to move in manual to the joint position then it will stop.

What year was your machine built? (look on the rear door on the name plate).
    This stuff and the steady info is for later blue/cream painted Mori's after about 1996.

If you have older Mori to pickup tailstock zero return towards tailstock and turret will stop, unclamp then keep moving.
    Our machine developed an issue with the zero return dogs so we had to manually move the turret back with handle while pressing unclamp button multiple times until we heard a 'click' (i.e the tailstock unclamped)

you may have the same problem so line it up by eye then slowly move with handle plus or minus while pressing unclamp and it should unclamp. this will work even if the tailstock is overtravelled as long as it is reachable with the turret. if its back too far you will have to manually move it. that probably means pulling apart half of the machine to get to the unclamp mechanism then releasing it and moving it by hand. you could also possibly manually unclamp it by manipulating the clamp/unclamp solenoid valve

Thanks everyone! We had to manually crank it forward, then I was able to engage it manually. Thanks again!