587,372 active members*
3,795 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Flipping part, HELP!

Flipping part, HELP!

Hello!

I'm trying to flip a part in Mastercam X2 and then create a toolpath, but I can't get it to work! I get an error message saying "Tool plane must be set to Top or Off in Entry". What does this mean? And how do I fix it?

I have watched video tutorials on how to do it, and I'm doing exactly as they do in the tutorial. My WCS, Cp and Tp seems to be correct (I set these planes by creating my own view on the new side of the part). Is there any option in mastercam that is messing this up?

Also when I backplot my drill is on the wrong side of the part after the rotation of the part with 180 degrees.

Here is a file

In the attached file I have made a part that I want to do a toolpath on. If you check the file you can see that the toolpath is all wrong. I want to make the toolpath in the view I created named "newview". My WCS, Cp and Tp is set to this new view but still I can't construct a correct toolpath without that bloddy error msg! I can't understand what the problem is, can someone please check this for me?

I'm a beginner of mastercam and any help would be very welcome!

Thanx

/Telle
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this waht you want it to do? review file
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I'm thinking you can go to the front view and xform rotate your part 180. Also translate 3-d come to mind I have an example of this in this free video. if the drill is coming from the wron side go into the operation check what plane it is using and change it to the one you want it to use. Another idea, check the 2d 3d button at the bottom of the screen this causes problems with movement sometimes.
    below is the link.

http://www.cad2cam.net/zany.html

steve arteman
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    YES!!! Thanx man! But when i backplot it everything is okey, but not if I "verify selected operations". In that mode it misses the block totally, how come? The drill works above the part in that mode.

What i mean is that the drill is doing two different things in "backplot" mode and "verify selected operations" mode. Seems very strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Arteman View Post
    I'm thinking you can go to the front view and xform rotate your part 180. Also translate 3-d come to mind I have an example of this in this free video. if the drill is coming from the wron side go into the operation check what plane it is using and change it to the one you want it to use. Another idea, check the 2d 3d button at the bottom of the screen this causes problems with movement sometimes.
    below is the link.

http://www.cad2cam.net/zany.html

steve arteman
    www.cad2cam.net
    Thanx! But have can you check what plane the drill is using? Where do I go to do that?

Couldn't watch the movie... ... I downloaded the codec but it won't start.

BUG!

I suspect a BUG in mastercam. I oppened your file and i didn't get this error msg at all and could run it. I then changed some options "depth cuts" and "multi-passes" and tried again. The same error msg pops up! I then closed the file without saving it and tried to reopen it and backplot. The same error msg again!

Argghhh, this drives me insane!

Could it be that some settings is wrong or is it me? I use a Haas configuration, is that wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.jpg  

please review my updated file.I used rotate to create a new view then used Hole axis to create the hole and line and then drilled so varyfi it.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

please review my updated file.I used rorat to create a new view then used Hile axis to create the hole and line and then drilled so varyfi it.
    Thanx! You're the man!!!