587,485 active members*
3,617 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > couple of questions...........

couple of questions...........

Hey guys,
    Couple of questions for the pros on the forum.
    I have an LT15M with OSP 7000 control and was wondering how the heck do you restart a program in the middle. I don't understand how this can be done because the program needs the g13,g14 m140 and m141 commands dont they?

Also, Does anyone have a parts catcher or even a drawing of one for this machine? Tryiing to come up with my own design but an original would be nice also.

thanks in advance.
    Dave

I'm not a pro but, If you are trying to start the program in the middle like at a toolchange it's easy.

All my toolchange headers are identical except I use "NAT whatever tool #" at the beginning.

In Auto operation press extend, press restart, type in which "NXX" you want, and press "Write".

You will see the cursor reading all the G and M codes previous to what ever "N" value you typed in. When the cursor stops press "sequence restart", and there you go.

If you want to restart in the middle of a canned cycle just be aware of what "sequence number you want to restart and type that in instead of the N#.

Regards, Robert

Robert is right, But if all your previous programs do not have the NAT and tool number in them you can still use restart if your lines are numbered.

Just note the line number after the tool change at the tool you want to rerun and clear the Tool in the ready pocket in ATC.

Change back to Auto Mode and hit restart and the n line number you want to start at. The program will like Robert says go through all the previous code to make sure you are in the right co ordinate and with the right modes turned on.

Good Luck'

Mohawk

forgot to mention this is a lathe but I think the process will work for that also. So I just need to put sequence #s befor the t.... and call that up. Do I need to do this for both turrets by selecting the A and B turret and do the same procedure for both?

Quote Originally Posted by tunitime View Post
    forgot to mention this is a lathe but I think the process will work for that also. So I just need to put sequence #s befor the t.... and call that up. Do I need to do this for both turrets by selecting the A and B turret and do the same procedure for both?
    I put the N# on the line above the tool callout.

As far as the A,B turret I can't remember, it has been about 6 years since I ran one. I THINK (not a good idea for me) as long as the interlocks for both turrets are off it should be fine to restart it like that.

I THINK (again not a good idea) I designated "A" turret tool 1 with NAT01. And B turret tool 1 with NAT21. But be cautious about my advice on that, I could be wrong.

Robert

The guys are right. The LT's require a spindle mode selection (G140/G141) in order to restart in the middle of a program, so in most cases you will need to command RESTART NT3 (or desired line # or executed block#) on A and RESTART NT4 (etc.) on B from the beginning of the program. The only way you can use the "INTERLOCK + CYCLE START" is if the blocks you are starting on contain the spindle mode command (G140/G141). If you use individual mode, only the turret with it on is required to have the restart command.

This is another of the "there are 3 ways to do anything on an Okuma" list...

Restart by line #, Restart using Interlock + Cycle Start, or restart using # of executed blocks.

If you want a picture of the LT-15 parts catcher, give me your e-mail and I can send you a quick shot of the one on our floor.

Best regards,

I will try to add a little comment.
    There is a difference if You start the part program from desired sequene or if You re-start.
    Re-start executes all codes without mechanical movement until selected sequence number.
    The best way is to follow the manual. Generally saying, try this:
    1. auto mode, reset, make sure part program is selected.
    2. Open door, adjusting mode, "one block", override knob on "0"
    3. find the block, from which You want to restart the part program. Use find command on automation mode screen. This is necessary to make sure, that part program is read in the execution buffer.
    4. reset. cursor goes to the very beginning of part program.
    5. restart command with block number.
    6. restart on the machine panell. (or green button)
    the cursor goes rapidly through the program and stops at the block right before selected.
    7. now machine starts to move. Green button, feederate override and let to move the machine axis where it needs.
    8. Now You can release "one block", close the door and push green button to continue the part program

thanks for all the input. I would love to follow the manual but I don't have the correct one for this machine that explains the restart procedure.

Yes, thanks for the important reminder...Restart reads and will have active all of the STM codes up to the line you restart on - same with restart by executed block #. Interlock + Cycle start DOES NOT so you need to be sure you will be calling up everything you need to run AFTER that point. (such as spindle speed tool offset coolant, etc.) Therefore Restart is much safer.

I'll send you some restart info and here's the parts catcher photo's - yes we added our own conveyor to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img208.jpg   img209.jpg   img210.jpg  

smart design of parts catcher.
    How did You connected it to commands M77 and M76 ?

The parts catcher is from the factory, the conveyor was added by us.

It's simple and the catcher works much better than some of the disasters they've done such as the LT300 (in the way for everything including the B-turret) and LR15-MW (rides on top of the B-turret and costs as much as a nice car - $25K+ while it tries to rip the door off when a part gets jammed.)

This one is still tight for clearances with the B-turret, but pretty decent otherwise. Like all of them, you still need to adjust the speed and deceleration valves until they work "smooth".