587,790 active members*
3,398 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > Information needed about North East Electronics MC3E

Information needed about North East Electronics MC3E

Hi, I'm a complete newbie in this area and this seems like the best place to start asking questions.

I acquired what looks very much like an Isel G027 flat bed and a North East Electronics MC3E machine controller with a bundle of wires about a year ago when it was about to be scrapped. Since then I have done very little with it, that is until now. Over the new year my (somewhat lackadaisical) efforts to track down the Z-axis paid off.. and now I have a larger pile of kit sat on my desk.

I've done a mixture of hunting through forums, experimenting, and digging about on the internet so far.

So far I've found out that a fair while ago NEE was taken over by another company. I have used the internet archive project to go back and look at old versions of the NEE website. I have found the product info page about the MC3E, but sadly the manual pdf was not archived. If anyone has this it would be great. (smcu_interface_pdf.zip seems to be the original file name)

Beyond that I have connected the motors and home sensors to the MC3E and fired it up. It moves freely and finds the datum points for X, Y and Z. I have also used the keypad DIG button to work out what serial settings it needs, and get X00000000Y00000000Z00000000R replies (with the numbers changing with position). The serial settings I have so far are 300 baud, 7 data bits, odd Parity. Not sure about the stops bits though, using 1 at the moment but 1 or 2 seems to make no difference.

The info page on the NEE site says the unit uses G-code. However when I try to use this I get error messages back from the controller. (generally E0000<0R or E00081R) Some information posted on then denfordata forum has given me some clues about the status LED on the controller. 6 flashes.. suggesting a command error.

Sooo.. that is about where I am at now. Does anyone out there have any information or documentation that can help me to bring it all to life?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

dan

NEE

Did you ever have any joy finding manuals or any other info on NEE products?
    Me NEE AMC has crapped out and shows error 27 and 37 but i have no idea what that means...