I'm not doing manualy in GCODE Torchhead. But seems to be easy for me to modify some parameters inside Mach.
I think that you may be confused that the settings HAVE to be in SheetCAM. Since you downloaded our Plugins, and I assume you do not have the DTHCIV hardware, you could not have seen the following configuration screens in MACH3 because the plugin has to have the DTHCIV module present to show these screens. There are other configuration and testing screens in our HUB ADMIN but once again you would have had our RS485 4 port hub and a DTHCIV module on line to see those screens.

Here is the operators screen in MACH3 with the right hand TAB fly-out open, Note the CUT PROFILE Button lower right:

Attachment 265880

Here is the first screen you see when you have the DTHC online with MACH3. You will note that this CUT PROFILE is all in MACH and you can ADD. EDIT. DELETE other settings in the list
You can run the file with the settings in MACH.only

Attachment 265882

And here is the settings for the DTHCIV including the Response Profile (PID settings)

Attachment 265884

This is a screen shot of the Operations window in SheetCAM. Note there are some options there that enhance the cut process (Min Cut Length For DTHC is one)

Attachment 265886

Note the expanded tool table for the DTHCIV . A lot of these settings are redundant with the ones in the CUT PROFILE. IF you use this POST and tool parameters they OVERRIDE the same settings in MACH3, but it gives you an opportunity to check and change anything manually you do not want You get prompted after you load the G-Code to "Check Your Settings".

SHEETCAM TOOL WINDOW

Attachment 265888

For me, setting everything that changes with different cuts in one place in SheetCAM makes logical sense and the values get stored in the G-Code so every time you run the file the same settings are used. This approach works well in a shop where the operator of the table is not the same person doing the design and CAM work, but also for those if us that sometimes forget things running different jobs.

Winthrop: Your review is detailed and impressive. Even more so for a new member and your very first post on the forum. WELL DONE! Where have you been for the last two years?
Looking at your list of hardware, You seem to have the technical expertise to integrate and use all of the products together with zero problems and I would like to know how you use the THC on/off feature in real time through MACH while the ESS is from 1/4 to 1 sec behind MACH as far as motion is concerned.? It proved a challenge to me to get the two processes synced close enough to get accurate timing. where 100 msec can mean you travel .375 inches at 225IPM cut speeds.

TOMcaudle
www.CandCNC.com