587,092 active members*
2,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > HORRIBLE customer experience, help me AVOID HAIMER heat shrink fit products.

HORRIBLE customer experience, help me AVOID HAIMER heat shrink fit products.

I have been trying to purchase a Haimer heat shrink fit machine and some holders and the whole process has turned into quite the debacle. As a paying customer I am shocked at how horribly I have been treated by the people I have dealt with that are representing Haimer. This post is not about getting into the details. My question is about alternatives to Haimer shrink fit machine as well as holders. I read a lot of info about how good the Haimer products are. As frustrated as I am about the process I still want to end up with a product I will be happy with. I would like to go in a different direction and purchase from a different company. That being said, does Haimer really have this shrink fit thing down better than any other manufacturer? If I were to go in a different direction, I’m looking for thoughts on different companies I might explore. Also, is Haimer’s secret to a product that seems to have such great things spoken about them actually the shrink fit machine itself, the holders, or is it both? I would be happy with buying someone else’s machine and then buying the holders from Haimer. If I wasn’t happy with other companies holders I can buy the Haimer holders anywhere. I’m looking for thoughts from people that have used other shrinkers and particularly those that have used other shrinkers as well as Haimer shrinkers and can compare the two. I’m trying to avoid the typical problem situation you hear about with shrinkers like sticking tools, having to double and triple “overheat” the holders without allowing a cool down to get your tool in the holder, etc., etc.
    Thanks.

Re: HORRIBLE customer experience, help me AVOID HAIMER heat shrink fit products.

Kind of eyeballing the Nikken unit and the Techniks ShrinkPro unit. Seriously, no one has any input on shrinkers?