587,830 active members*
2,747 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Pictures of My Lathe & CNC MILL

Hi, I am new to machining. I wanted to share pictures of my shop (garage). Both the mill and the lathe is made by: Sieg.

The mill is their X1 model. Very small and wish I bought a bigger mill. The lathe is their C6 model and is very nice. I remembered about wanting a bigger mill than I originally bought, so I bought the biggest lathe I can possibly afford. Would like to eventually CNC the lathe once I can save up the money.

The CNC kit for the mill came from a company in Scottland called Simply CNC.

I am heavily into radio control cars and bought these to make RC car parts. The picture with the mill CNC'ing - it is cutting a new part for buggy at the time. I keep a lot of the info on my cars on my website: http://studysession.com

So far I have been making 2D objects and CNC'ing them out. I have also been using the mill for engraving. This has been quite a learning experience for me. I still have loads to learn. I stumbled accross this forums a couple of moneth ago and found it very useful. So far everyone has been very helpful in answering my questions. I now want to share what I have and what my shop looks like.

Let me know what everyone thinks of my pictures. Thanks!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNCMill1-800.jpg   Lathe1-800.jpg   Lengthview1-800.jpg   Lengthview2-800.jpg  

Mach2-1-800.jpg   CNCMillWork1-800.jpg  
    Please check out my CNC blog
    http://cncinside.com