587,518 active members*
3,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Siemens Synchronous Technology Preview

Siemens Synchronous Technology Preview

Here's a preview of the new Synchronous Technology available in the newest versions of Solid Edge and UGS NX CAM systems.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YekIUSGmVW8"]YouTube - Siemens Synchronous Technology Preview[/ame]
    Attached Files Attached Files

You show your true colors thanks.

Mike you have done everything in your power to discredit other software and looked pretty foolish doing so. You know show your true reason behind doing what you have been doing. It was your hope in suckering people into you are so knowledgeable about the competitions products that when you did this people would give you credit. Your programming 15 minutes in Catia verse the 40 hours people using Mastercam has never been backed up. You never provided real world examples and I would not want someone who makes wild arse claims coming to my company selling or supporting your pre-made pre-packages demos. The real world is not your big shop. The real world is real people who make different thing not families of parts. Good thing is I know who your are so when your name comes across my desk I know who not to allow in our plant.

Big nut to crack because know every shop you go in they get to give you their hardest part and have you do it in 15 minutes. Since you can program every part known to man in 15 minutes in Catia that takes expert Mastercam programmers 40 hours and you do not even represent Catia or use it daily. I am sure you can do it in 5 minutes in NX6. I was gong to say 15 seconds since you do have 100 to 1 claim up there but I guess cutting it to a 1/3 is fair.

Good luck in your true calling you were always doing this anyway now you just make what your were really about known to everyone. Though I wonder how long this posting will stay up.

Ron,

What do you think of the new Siemens Synchronous Technology?

Its seems like "IRONCAD"...

Wink I think it is a good thing for the Modeling

Where does this help you program machine tools faster?

Where does a company that always gets its models from customers benefit from this technology?

Last edited by Mike Stevenson; 07-10-2008 at 05:25 PM.
    I also like how your original response was edited:wee::wee::wave::wave:

Quote Originally Posted by crazythunder View Post

Where does a company that always gets its models from customers benefit from this technology?

The geometry editing tools in Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology are much more powerful that the geometry editing tools in Solidworks or Mastercam for editing customer models that need to be modified to manufacture them.

Here is an example of trying to modify someone else's model drawn in SolidWorks with SolidWorks and then with Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology. It's actually easier to modify someone else's model drawn in SolidWorks with Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology than it is to try and edit it with SolidWorks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CxT4eMsjuo"]YouTube - Solid Edge w Synchronous Technology edits faster then SW[/ame]

Neither Mastercam nor SolidWorks has the advanced geometry tools that Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology does.

We run Pro/E WF3 at work. I hope PTC travels a similar path in its user interface.

Check out this video. Very informative.

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.co...gh/index.shtml
    <insert witty comment here>
    derekj308

Cool stuff. Good to see UG is catching up to Spaceclaim, Solidworks and Think3.

Quote Originally Posted by hsm400 View Post
    Spaceclaim has a really good video that shows why one would need to modify their customers models in order to manufacture them.

http://www2.spaceclaim.com/LearnMore...ptualDemo.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by hsm400 View Post
    What Spaceclaim does is only half of what NX ST can do. Show me how SW or T3 lets you modify any imported solid file. Post your unmodifiable files here and show me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    What Spaceclaim does is only half of what NX ST can do. Show me how SW or T3 lets you modify any imported solid file. Post your unmodifiable files here and show me.
    Ron, check this out:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...586#post478586

Exclamation Read my response to your misinformation.

Again Mike putting up wrong information. You make the Claim about Cimco HST, yet UG took what they are doing from another company. So as long as you work for the company it is ok to take ideas from somewhere else but no other companies can, why is that?? Also in your example you used a legacy toolpath not the new High speed toolpaths so you are comparing nothing that is the same or capable of the same. Also waiting for all the other non biased examples for other companies like Catia, Esprit, Gibbs, Cimatron, Surfcam, One-CNC, Bob-Cad, and 20 other companies you need to get to cracking.