587,917 active members*
3,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > I Need Help with bobcad
Page 1 of 2 12

I Need Help with bobcad

I have been playing with this for the last few days and i cant get bob cad to make a good g-code for mach3 i have download the mach3 post from bobcad
    and i am using that post and other post do the same i created the tool pathe and it looks ok but when i save the .txt file and open it in mach it is all messed up i post the file i am trying to turn it is a candel stick the tool path is in black and the candel stick id in green and i also included my tool ???
    i dont no what i am doing wrong maybe its me or could be the software Help!!

THanks

Thay are .cad files i added .dxf to the end so i can up load them
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Biggermens View Post
    I have been playing with this for the last few days and i cant get bob cad to make a good g-code for mach3 i have download the mach3 post from bobcad
    and i am using that post and other post do the same i created the tool pathe and it looks ok but when i save the .txt file and open it in mach it is all messed up i post the file i am trying to turn it is a candel stick the tool path is in black and the candel stick id in green and i also included my tool ???
    i dont no what i am doing wrong maybe its me or could be the software Help!!

THanks

Thay are .cad files i added .dxf to the end so i can up load them
    Call BCC Support. They will help you with a Post Processor for FREE!!!!! That is right FREE!!!!!!!.

Also Check out Sorin Nenu's Forum CAD/CAM Trainer. He is the Official Trainer for BobCAD/CAM. There are Free Video Tutorials that you can download and watch any time you want. There is even a New Video for Creating Post Processors from SCRATCH.

Here is the link, http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php All you have to do is Register like you did here and Presto free Videos and a Help Forum filled with all the BCC Gurus

Cheers!!!!!!!!!:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

i have the post from bobcad i got it from here http://www.bobcadsupport.com/posts/ and i also have the videos i got from bobcad thay are realy good and i got lots out of them

Thanks
    toby

i have the post from bobcad i got it from here http://www.bobcadsupport.com/posts/ and i also have the videos i got from bobcad thay are realy good and i got lots out of them

Thanks
    toby
    Just to let you know Sorin's Videos are very deep into the Software. LOL you will see the many Parts that I have done in BCC here and in his Forum. Even though I have been using BCC, Sorin's Videos still teach me new Tricks. Ask around this Forum and Others about Sorin's Video Tutorials and draw you own Conclusion. Better yet do a Google Search for Sorin Nenu.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24312

They are a must have for anyone using BCC.

Cheers!!!!! Just trying to help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bat 5 3D Logo.jpg   bcc v2007.jpg   screen prop2 jpeg.JPG   connecting rod2.jpg  

rotate prop2.jpg   d2a.jpg  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks Toby
    but that is not the problem i am having right now i made a candel stick but i can get the g-code to open right in mach 3

Thanks Toby
    but that is not the problem i am having right now i made a candel stick but i can get the g-code to open right in mach 3

Ok as I see in the above post you saves as a TEXT File. Have you tried the *.tap or *.cnc file extentions to see if Mach3 will open them?

Mach3 should open text based files, so that has me a little confused. Make sure your saving the Program File in a Folder you can find and try the other file extentions.

Are you next to your CNC now?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

This might Help http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/show...ht=Mach3+RS232

This is Sorin's Forum CAD/CAM Trainer.

Cheers!!!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Biggermens,

What are your Arc settings in Mach3? Are you using incremental or absolute arc centers?

Once you have verified that, open BobCAD with the NC-CAM window using the Mach3 Post Processor. On the NC-CAM window click on Setup and then Driver. Then click on the ISO tab. If you were running absolute in Mach3, uncheck everything in the Options cicular motion field then click OK. If you running incremental in Mach3 leave the Incremental coordinates arccenter option checked and uncheck all others in this field.

Then generate the program again. It is most likely due to the arc output you are providing the control software that these problems are occurring.

Regards

Oh WOW The One i think you found my problem
    i read the Mach 3 book on Arc settings and that is the problem i am having
    i get a error " the end point of the arc is the same as the current point "
    and on the toolpathe display thare are huge arcs
    but now in the book it says to go to Configure> State menu for the arc setting but i dont have the State Option in the Configure Menu
    Oh an i am using Mach 3 Turn if you did not no already

THanks

ejdfast Guest

try this

Go to edit in bobcad then environment and open the General tab. Make sure that general accuracy and chain gap are both set to .0001

Mach3 Mill/Turn, it doesn't really matter. If you are giving the system the wrong arc center format, those huge arcs are going to exist all of the time. There should be a setting for this, you may need to talk to Art about this to see where it is set.

Like ejdfast said, you can also modify the arc output of BobCAD and just give it the good ole trial and error approach. You are either going to have Incremental or Absolute arc coordinates, so you will either have the Incremental Coordinates Arccenter checked or not checked.

Regards

i found it now it is under IJ mode in the state menu what is better to run Incremental or Absolute ????

Now when i open my g-code i get a error " J word given for arc in xy plane on line number #4 "

Oops! I forgot that you would need to remove them. It is really easy though.

Click on Setup and then Conversion (on the NC-CAM window)
    In the Original field on the first empty line type in J-*[0-9]*.*[0-9]*.
    Leave the corresponding Convert To line empty.
    Click OK.

This will remove the J address from all the code that is posted with this post processor.

Regards

Now for some reson i dont get that error anymore i have mach set to inc. and bobcad set like you told me to but i still get the huge arc in mach ????

i put the g-code and a pic of mach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can try switching everything over so that you are working with Absolute in both systems, it may help resolve the problem and would be my first course of action.

The other thing you can try, if the above solution does not yield good results, is clean-up the tangency of the arcs in the originla profile before you generate a Toolpath. Just select the contour, tghen Click on Change => Reorganize => Make Arcs Tangential. Input .001 for the Min acceptable angle and 15 for the max angle for correction. Then Click OK. That will make all of the arcs tangent, within the parameters given.

Regards

I tryed them bolth Absolute and Inc and i tryed what you sayed with bobcad and it still the same
    i also tryed to make a new desine just a simple taper and i still get all the arcs ??

CALL SUPPORT!!...they should be able to help you get this resolved. If not let us know.

Regards

I tryed them bolth Absolute and Inc and i tryed what you sayed with bobcad and it still the same
    i also tryed to make a new desine just a simple taper and i still get all the arcs ??
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    CALL SUPPORT!!...they should be able to help you get this resolved. If not let us know.

Regards
    Biggermens,

The One works for BCC, call BCC Tech Support. They will help you with this Issue for Free!!!!!! Give them a call.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Try increasing your tolerance in the edit>preference menu. You may have it set too low. My bet it is at the old .00004 setting. Try going first to .0001 then to .0007 then to .001 and see if that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12