587,308 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ThermaCut consumables

I have a Hypertherm 1000 (on a Dynatorch table), running alot of 14 ga material with Hypertherms finecut 220329 40A nozzles (silver). I have heard that the Thermacut consumables last longer than the Hypertherms, but there is no direct cross reference for this number. Any experience or comments with Thermacut?

I also have some of the Hypertherm regular 40A nozzles (copper), but have not used them for cutting 14ga yet. They are certainly heavier built than the finecut nozzles, but I don't know how well they will do with fine cuts...

Also, regarding electrodes - do you run them until they fail, or is there some point where you switch them out before failure? How do you decide when to switch?
    Ric - Boss Frog

I do not have the internet at my shop, so if will call me tomorrow afternoon I will be glad to give you the part numbers for all the Thermacut consumables. They recommend using their electrodes and swril rings. The 40 amp consumables will have less detail in the corners. I cut alot of 16-18ga art and for example the Moose atlers will not have as sharp as points and the tight corners will almost look as though you drilled them with a small drill bit. I change electrodes everytime I change nozzles but one could run the electrodes longer. 706-244-5153