587,201 active members*
2,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help, servo's won't move

I have a small mill running Mach2 Ver.1 and Bobcad Ver.19. My machine stopped running this weekend and I can't figure out why. Mach2 runs down the g-code list like it is working but nothing moves. The X,Y, and Z doesn't register on the screen now as I use Mach2 like a DRO when I cut something manually. My control box has a Sound Logic PC-2 board. My power goes from Output 1 on the board to a solid state enabler to the relay to 3 Gecko drives to 3 Reliance .25 hp servos. The enabler is not getting power. I move the machine to storage for hurricane Rita but it worked fine after I put it back in my shop. The only thing I've changed is voltage from 110 to 220 on the feed circuit to the mill. It goes through a different relay though. The limit switches are showing 9 vokts across all three so I am assumming they aren't the problem. I am pretty new to the cnc arena so could anything in the software lock out the enable? Lastly, I realize it would be a big help but I don't have any of my schematics or documentation. I picked up the machine and paid for it and was promised the documentation in the mail since it was "at home". Never was able to get in touch with him again after that. I understand that this may be the wrong forum but I would appeciate any help or nudges in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Rick

Rick

I did some more checking with my multimeter and it does appear to be a Y-axis limit switch. So other than some embarassment and poor spelling in my above post, it should be a fairly easy fix. Anyone know a vendor for Cherry limit switches?

Rick

Digi-Key sell Cherry, next day delivery.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.