587,008 active members*
3,300 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Charter I.H. Clone build

Quote Originally Posted by buddydog View Post
    Hello again. Roadster could I ask for the information on the x axis pulleys? I did see the belt spec in the picture (600-5M-15, fits some e scooter) and found one of those belts on ebay and ordered it from China for 7$. I have my stepper hooked up through a 3D printed ABS coupler (stolen off thingiverse and scaled up to the nema34) just to test with but I want to go with the front mount as you used for the real "aluminum" thing. I couldn't find where you described the pulleys? I'm guessing they had to be bored to fit? Anyway I'll have to do that for now as I'm just powering the stock acme screw to start with. That 1600 oz nema does not take "no" for an answer! I'm running it off the arduino for now as a power feed only but am now planning Mach3 for CNC.

Hi Buddydog, I'm sorry that I missed your question I did not get a message from CNC Zone that you posted one. Anyway I bought my sprockets from here. Drive Components - Timing Belts, Timing Belt Pulleys, Clamps, Sprockets, Replacemnt Belts, Synchromesh, TruMotion, Ladder & Roller Chains and Shaftloc from SDP/SI
    and my belts from Mcmaster Carr because they take returns and I needed to return both first guesses for the correct ones. I did have to bore the sprockets and drill and tap for the handle mounts etc.

Re: Charter I.H. Clone build

Quote Originally Posted by Roadstercycle View Post
    Hi Buddydog, I'm sorry that I missed your question I did not get a message from CNC Zone that you posted one. Anyway I bought my sprockets from here. Drive Components - Timing Belts, Timing Belt Pulleys, Clamps, Sprockets, Replacemnt Belts, Synchromesh, TruMotion, Ladder & Roller Chains and Shaftloc from SDP/SI
    and my belts from Mcmaster Carr because they take returns and I needed to return both first guesses for the correct ones. I did have to bore the sprockets and drill and tap for the handle mounts etc.
    Thank you for the reply Roadstercycle. Can I get the tooth count on those sprockets? I assume they were both the same (drive and driven). Do you think the smaller motors will be better on the x and y? I have not done any more on mine as I bought a boat project (Marlin 300) and that has distracted me. Thanks. buddydog