587,227 active members*
3,819 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > TMCAD or TM Cutting software cut order issue

TMCAD or TM Cutting software cut order issue

First off, let me start off by saying this could be a simple issue, i really have no idea.

So my problem is: our school bought a torchmate cnc system, table, controllers, software etc. the system itself works fine, the autoheight is finally working and its cutting with very little slag.. i am happy.

However, one problem that is causing major issues for me is the cut order. Since im not up on the TMcad software, i use blender3d to create a black and white jpg image that i want to cut out (i want it to export dxf but thats another story). I import this into the TMcad module and i convert it using the accuscan tools, then i create a tool path and export it as dxf via the tmcad software.

I import this into the torchmate2 cutting program (v 2.2.0 beta 14) and it loads up fine. i can cut it perfectly from there.

However, for some reason the program insists on cutting out the outside pieces first! no matter what i do, it always cuts out the perimeter of the piece before the interior. This causes the piece to shift which has resulted in several botched cuts, and several crashes of the machine.

I have tried specifying the cut order in the tmcad software to no avail... it will always cut out the outside first. The only way i've been able to fix it is by editing the G code and moving the perimeter section to the end of the file, but this is tedious and annoying when the software claims that it intelligently cuts out the interior first.

any help would be appreciated.. i've followed the tutorials i've been able to find from torchmate and others and not succeeded...

Nick

After some lurking i found out how to display the cut order in the program... so attached is an image of the cut order.. and then attached again is an image of how the cutting program has imported it and wants to cut it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cut order.jpg   actual cut order.jpg  

have you tried changing the cut path of your inside pieces to male and your outside to female or vice versa.

I can help you to solve this issue

Quote Originally Posted by hydravien View Post
    After some lurking i found out how to display the cut order in the program... so attached is an image of the cut order.. and then attached again is an image of how the cutting program has imported it and wants to cut it.
    Would you like to send the dxf or jpeg file to me,I carfully check out your file.
    Please believe I can do it because I using torchmate CAD software for three years.
    My email is [email protected].I will response as soon as.

reed