586,968 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: PathPilot, Mesa 7I92H and Geckodrive G540

Hi Peter, Did PP load all the way up to the main screen ??? IF so I can walk you in from there. This would be easier with email if you want. AS to the spindle we always use a S/D >> 0-10vdc card. But you can use a PWM >> 0-10v as well just have to take some code out of teh Hal file and add some code to the HAL file. BUT lets get PP where it loads up correctly first.

So you used the 1100M ? that has a lot of safety stuff added. THe one I use is from the OLDER versions list on the setup page 1100 S3 with the highest 3 diget s/n THat version is the last version that they used the 7i92 card in.

I am running from memory now as I sent out the last controller I had a card for. Except for my mill and I can use that if needed to walk you through.

Baby steps , (;-) TP

Re: PathPilot, Mesa 7I92H and Geckodrive G540

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Hi Peter, Did PP load all the way up to the main screen ??? IF so I can walk you in from there. This would be easier with email if you want. AS to the spindle we always use a S/D >> 0-10vdc card. But you can use a PWM >> 0-10v as well just have to take some code out of teh Hal file and add some code to the HAL file. BUT lets get PP where it loads up correctly first.

So you used the 1100M ? that has a lot of safety stuff added. THe one I use is from the OLDER versions list on the setup page 1100 S3 with the highest 3 diget s/n THat version is the last version that they used the 7i92 card in.

I am running from memory now as I sent out the last controller I had a card for. Except for my mill and I can use that if needed to walk you through.

Baby steps , (;-) TP
    Hi TP,
    It doesn’t get past trying to connect to the machine. I did find the 1100 S3 on the “other” machines page.
    I’m not sure what PathPilot is looking for.
    I’m not sure that PathPilot has found the Mesacard and that’s why it’s stuck on trying to connect to the machine.

That said the Mesacard’s four general purpose LEDS are running through a counting pattern. Does that mean it is connected to PathPilot, or is it the default behavior of the card while it is waiting to be connected to.
    I’m thinking that maybe PathPilot can’t find the card due to a problem with the IP address or some other network issue. I have a straight through Ethernet cable connected between the computer and 7i92 card.

Cheers

Peter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store