Several years ago I was at the Novakon office while picking up some items for another machine I was converting (closest place I could locate some stepper motors at the time) While there I had a chance to walk through their assembly and testing area and have a good look at several machines in various states of assembly with panels removed and everything in the open.

I was at Novakon again today to pick up some tool holders and as I left I was thinking the same as last time I was there.

I must say that the build on these machines are impressive. The fit and finish of the parts from the castings (raw surfaces and ground ones), cabinets, motor covers, cable conduits, etc. is VERY, VERY nicely done.
The latches, hinges, conduit, even the knobs etc. all appear to be of a much higher quality than you might expect of machines in this kind of price price range. Also, after looking over the specs, the basic machine is very nicely optioned and then the upgrades are UPgrades which actually increase the operation rather than just put on what I may call basic functions that should be there in the first place.

I've owned a pcnc1100 for quite a few years now and I've been very happy with the machine, it's done everything I've asked of it with little or no issues. I've changed the spindle controller, stepper motors and drives, cooling fans, latches, etc over time to step the machine up.
I've not run an equivalent Novakon for performance comparisons or anything like that but if the care taken in the selection of parts and assembly is any indication, and I compare what I've added ($$$) into my base tormach to get it to the same level as the machines I looked at today (forget the increased table size/envelope) the choice would have been with one of these.
The choice of servos or steppers is also a plus, still not a fan of the accordion bellows way covers on either the tormach or torus though. I'd love to try to get a set of the telescopic covers like they had on their small machine to fit my tormach.

I'm in no way shape or form connected, related or anything to Novakon. Just felt that I needed to give some credit where credit is due. Not commenting on sales, service or support (I've been treated well buying some bits and pieces but that's hardly surprising at this level) or trying to start a tormach vs novakon thing, just posting an observation