587,836 active members*
4,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newb. . . Need Help with BP series 1 CNC

I am very new the the CNC world. That being said, I appreciate any advice! I have a BP Series 1 CNC, serial on the y ways is C.N.C. 1243. There is another in the control box on the right side on a plate. It has two lines, the first says: ASSEM:4025275 the serial there is 1283. Can anyone help me identfiy this machine so that I can tell which programming manual I must find. I have been able to get it to do very basic tasks and I hope to be able to upgrade the control, however I can not right now and would like to find the programming manual.
    Thank you very much!!

Brian

The only way to know specifically what you have is with the part number of the ERS board. This is where the software is burned onto a PROM.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hello George.

How do I go about finding the ERS board?
    Thank you for your time!

Brian

Right side control cabinet has the logic board rack.
    Boss 4 and 5 have a LSI-11, RCK, XDI, and ERS.
    Boss 4 has 4 main chips on the LSI board. Boss 5 has 5.
    Boss 6 has LSI, ZDI, ZCK, NTP, and ERS.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks George!
    The ERS board has only four chips in it with a spot for the fifth so I am assuming than it is a BOSS 4. I have all but the programming manual. Any ideas where I can find one?

Brian

Maybe Ebay or machinemanuals.net who sells them on CDROM. Note that some who have purchased manuals on CDROM have had difficulty viewing them and printing pages they needed.
    The 4 main chips were probably on the LSI.
    Another reason that the ERS part number is important is that it documents such things as if the ERS supports RS232 communication. It may not.

George

PC Software for BOSS 4

Does anyone have any idea where to obtain the PC software for a BOSS 4 system??

Thanks,
    Brian

Hi
    I have a boss5 and ran it for approx 3 years using ez utils to transfer the g code to it.
    i finally put a hillbilly breakout board on it and used mach3 software to control it. i get more use and friendly usability out of the BP machine.
    do a search on cnczone for hillbilly breakout board(bob). he offers great support.