587,003 active members*
2,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

Hybrid View

About the TTS style tool holders: I bet most people buy from Tormach because that's all they know about or they feel like they should buy from the company that created them*. I definitely fell into both of these camps when I made my first few TTS purchases.

I have now bought TTS-style tool holders from a few other companies. As with everything, they all had pros and cons. I won't get into the details here, but the biggest "con" I could find with Tormach's tool holders is their high price. If you can get over that you will probably be happy.

You might be interested in this thread...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/novako...ce_runout.html
    (the TTS-specific stuff starts at post #11)

* Tormach may or may not have actually "invented" this system but they do seem to be the dominant name associated with this style of tool holder. Even the other manufacturers refer to them as "TTS" holders. Whether this conjecture is reason-enough to buy from them or not is your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
    About the TTS style tool holders: I bet most people buy from Tormach because that's all they know about or they feel like they should buy from the company that created them*. I definitely fell into both of these camps when I made my first few TTS purchases.

I have now bought TTS-style tool holders from a few other companies. As with everything, they all had pros and cons. I won't get into the details here, but the biggest "con" I could find with Tormach's tool holders is their high price. If you can get over that you will probably be happy.

You might be interested in this thread...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/novako...ce_runout.html
    (the TTS-specific stuff starts at post #11)

* Tormach may or may not have actually "invented" this system but they do seem to be the dominant name associated with this style of tool holder. Even the other manufacturers refer to them as "TTS" holders. Whether this conjecture is reason-enough to buy from them or not is your call.
    they are called TTS because it stands for TORMACH Tooling System, they originated them which is also why they sell the most variety of tool holders and not not just a couple of ER knockoffs.