587,201 active members*
3,081 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bobcad 20.6 question

bobcad 20.6 question

Hello,

I have bobcad 20.6 and would like to know how or if I can save a drawing and to be able to open it in windows like you would a picture. So I can draw something and email it as a picture type file.

Scott

Hold down at the same time the Ctrl,Alt and Prtscn (two key above delete) now you have copy screen shot to clip board. Open paint edit-paste save as jpeg see below. This is a windows function and will work for what ever is on your screen

Quote Originally Posted by planescott
    Hello,

I have bobcad 20.6 and would like to know how or if I can save a drawing and to be able to open it in windows like you would a picture. So I can draw something and email it as a picture type file.

Scott

You may want to get the update to V20.7. There are a few fixes and added accuracy.
    Here is the link

http://www.bobcad.net/updates/
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Or just upgrade to V21
    Never be affraid to learn something new.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    Hold down at the same time the Ctrl,Alt and Prtscn (two key above delete) now you have copy screen shot to clip board.
    Try just the PrtScn button. (Print Screen) No need to use Ctrl or Alt on any of my PC's.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

i think he wanted to have it on the windows clip board?So it can be saved as a jpeg for e-mailing and yes print screen will do just that and print the screen. but by holding down the Ctrl (Controll key) with the Alt (altar key) you change the funcition of Prtsn (print screen key) from a printer function to a windows clipboard function and can be pasted into windows paint to be saved as a jpeg

i think he wanted to have it on the windows clip board?So it can be saved as a jpeg for e-mailing and yes print screen will do just that and print the screen. but holing down the Ctrl (Controll key) with the Alt (altar key) you change the funcition of Prtsn (print screen key) from a printer function to a windows clipboard function and can pasted into windows paint to be saved as a jpeg

It also allows you to copy only the dailog boxes without making a picture file that is too big. Example my screen is 1280 x 1024 (19"). Using Ctrl+Alt+Print Screen allows for a fast and simple solution as opposed to having to edit the screen shot pixel size length/width.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Thanks you guys, That works great! exactly what I was trying to do.

Your very welcome.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Aslo you can post Question in the Bobcad forum here a link http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/index.php
    You will find that there not as much BS about Bobcad there and people can answer your question. Yes like all fotums some answer are useless but people try to help

Aslo you can post Question in the Bobcad forum here a link http://216.117.147.20/bobcadsupport/forums/index.php
    You will find that there not as much BS about Bobcad there and people can answer your question. Even if it useless
    I should have remembered this. You beat me to it. Silly Rabbit CNC's and CAD/CAM is for FUN :cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

i think he wanted to have it on the windows clip board?So it can be saved as a jpeg for e-mailing and yes print screen will do just that and print the screen. but by holding down the Ctrl (Controll key) with the Alt (altar key) you change the funcition of Prtsn (print screen key) from a printer function to a windows clipboard function and can be pasted into windows paint to be saved as a jpeg
    On all my computers, I just hit the print screen button to copy to the clipboard. No alt or control. I don't recall the print screen button actually printing since the DOS days.

OK, I see what it does now. Prints the active document, or window?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    On all my computers, I just hit the print screen button to copy to the clipboard. No alt or control. I don't recall the print screen button actually printing since the DOS days.

OK, I see what it does now. Prints the active document, or window?
    Mike told me that neat trick two days ago. Comes in very handy in the BCC forum because we can only post pics 500 x 500 pixels
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

when I hit my PrtScn botton nothing happens but I do need a new keyboard it's the $15 that stopping me

when I hit my PrtScn botton nothing happens but I do need a new keyboard it's the $15 that stopping me
    No I don't think so. When you hit the "Print Screen" hard button do you open Microsoft Paint>Edit>Paste? What O/S are you using "Windows XP"?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

If you are only trying to do an image of wireframe data (or the data in the regular CAD screen), you can use the copy and paste method to another program.

Don't you just love OLE?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by The One
    Don't you just love OLE?
    Regards

What is OLE? I must be missing something here. :drowning: :rainfro:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

OLE=Object Linking and Embedding

Basically it is the ability for the user to link or embed data from one application to another.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by The One
    OLE=Object Linking and Embedding

Basically it is the ability for the user to link or embed data from one application to another.

Regards

Thanks, I forgot about that Then agian I never use it
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com