587,236 active members*
3,749 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Where can I find cheap import tools? Anyone know of any sites?

Where can I find cheap import tools? Anyone know of any sites?

I am trying to find a site or catalog that sells cheap import tools, like parallels, indicators, vises..etc. One that I know is cdcotools.com. I am trying to buy some cheap tools (don't need to be deadly accurate), and I can't find any websites that sell the cheap tools. Can you all list any that you know of? Thanks - Zachery

littlemachineshop.com
    Enco
    Ebay

WWW.Grizzly.com

Enco

Harbor Freight (probably the cheapest).

www.shars.com
    I first found these guys on Ebay, I believe as Discount Machine. Pretty good deals on medium quality import stuff. You don't have to bid on ebay though, you can find them directly at their clumsy to use website
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You could also try http://www.cumminstools.com/

Discount machine is great
    There was this other ebayer who had fantastic deals on these tools also, something like Pits online tool. Pits wholesale, something like that. Maybe somebody else can give the actual name.
    I got myself all sorts of stuff from them, including a brand new in the box 3" screwless vise for 34 dollars.

Nice useful thread. Don't forget www.mscdirect.com. They have low end import items as well as the pricey stuff, and often have the hard to find bits when the little outfits don't.

Tiger

I geuss you can buy all the tools you want via imports, do realize thought that sometimes the supplier just can't get it right. Seems to me that anything with a morse taper is impossible for them to get right. Maybe bad experiences on my part butdo be careful.

Its not like I don't understand the need to be low cost here. There are good bargains to be found and you should be able to get an idea here where the junk is on this web site. Just understand that all vendors carry junk to some extent.

Thanks
    Dave