587,258 active members*
2,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > haas SL-20 to Haas bar 300 alignment plate needed

haas SL-20 to Haas bar 300 alignment plate needed

does anyone have a haas sl-20 with a barfeeder on it?
    i need the alignment plate that bolts and aligns the barfeeder to the lathe..
    anyone have one laying around or one that they can use as a blue print to make me one? the plate must be off a sl20 haas to work..

thanks jeremy
    765 499 1875 or [email protected]

Hey, I just bought a tl-15 used, it also came with the bar feeder but the plate did not show up with the machine. I simply aligned it by eye then cut out two plates on my water jet to bolt it to the floor. Honestly I don't think it even needs to be bolted down, the machine is heavy enough and the bar feeder is not light so I doubt it would ever shift during normal operation. If you jam a bar it might move but you would most definitely ruin the push rod and a shifted bar feeder would be the least of your worries. A piece of advice if your new to the servo bar 300, replace the low rent plastic bushing the push rod slides through at the front of the feeder with a bronze one. Also I swapped the dinky 3/8 push rod for a 1/2". Also the spindle liners Haas sells a over priced and worthless. You can make your own out of pvc or drop alu. tubing for a fraction of the price.

I have a mini lathe with the servo 300. neither is bolted down.the plate is really not needed. ours has been knocked around several times by a fork lift. I just bump the other side and tweak it till a bar loads without getting hung up.