587,524 active members*
3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Grizzly GO484

I ordered a Grizzly GO484 yesterday. Grizzly sales gave me a date of Feb 13. Talked to the tech department and they said it had been a real popular unit and they usually sale out quick. I asked the tech department if that was a floating date and he laugh and check the computer and he said that it showed that Feb. 13 was the expected date but had not got a confirmation from the manufacture. I took that as it probably will not be off the boat by then. They said it will ship out of their Missouri store. They are shipping it UPS. I had them send it to the terminal that way I can put on my trailer and back it into my garage and use the engine hoist to place it. I am a total newbie so I was asking the tech department for some suggestion to get started and found them very helpful and patient. Also been watching in the forum for ideas, just want to thank all the people taking their time to share their expertise. :cheers:

i would also look at the industrial hobbies mill and the wttool.com version of that mill. both have them in stock and you can get them alot sooner. also the IH has a full cnc option ready to go. go to their website and check it out.

I looked at one last summer while in Springfield, Mo. I thought it looked good and felt good as far as smoothness of the ways, etc. I placed an order from home as I didn't want to pay shipping costs and Mo. sales tax (8%). I have been waiting for about 8 months for this one I finally received to arrive so it is a very popular item for Grizzly. Can't beat the price for all of the features.

The Industrial Hobbies unit was also of interest. I looked at their website to compare it with the Grizzly. Cost was considerably more as was the shipping weight. I decided to go with the Grizzly as more affordable for what I want to do with it (small engines and tooling for now).

I spoke with Grizzly before Christmas regarding delivery of the one I had on order from late summer/early fall and they also said they anticipated shipping was in Feb. I got a surprise email that it had been shipped in late December/early Jan. It arrived last week and I have it in storage as the snow here (North Dakota) is too deep for delivery to my shop. I actually wanted shipped in Feb. Oh well, at least I got it. This is the second one they shipped, the first had a lot of damage from shipping and I refused delivery iknowing I would be put back into the waiting queue. The crate is intact on this one. I am really looking forward to putting it in service and making chips. Yes springtime does eventually arrive up here.

John