587,104 active members*
4,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Homing Problem V4.0.1

When homing all the axes the Z and X axes start to home simultaneously. The Y axes waits. When the Z and X axes reach the home position the Y axes starts to home. All three axes have homing switches that are active low. I have used a logic probe to check the state of the homing switches and they are correct. (Pins 10, 11 and 12 )

It is my understanding that all three axes must home simultaneously. I have check all the software settings and can not work out why the Y axes waits for the Z and X axes before homing.

Does the Y axis finally home properly???

You "may" have a problem with the setup depending on what bob you use. One of the pins on the parallel port is "inverted" (I think from memory it is pin 11). This caused me many headaches when I was setting up mine!

I also notice you have a thread on backlash and this also messed up my homing setup. I had to turen backlash off in order to get things working. (solved the problem by eliminating the backlash and used ball screws)
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

I have now changed the Logic on the inverted pin. The Z axes now homes first. Once the Z axes has homed. The X and Y axes start to home simultaneously. I think this is now the correct homing procedure.

Are you using the hobbycnc controller, if so re-check the pin settings the rev 1 instructions state the wrong pin allocations the new website has listed a new set of pins to use with rev 2 (dave has said they were both the same but there not).

When homing all the axes the Z and X axes start to home simultaneously. The Y axes waits. When the Z and X axes reach the home position the Y axes starts to home. All three axes have homing switches that are active low. I have used a logic probe to check the state of the homing switches and they are correct. (Pins 10, 11 and 12 )

It is my understanding that all three axes must home simultaneously. I have check all the software settings and can not work out why the Y axes waits for the Z and X axes before homing.

Quote Originally Posted by chris tynan
    Sounds interesting to me as well. Can you beam your turbocnc.ini file to me at "[email protected]"?

No I built my own controller using UCN5804