587,636 active members*
4,472 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

in posistion limit??

I have just purchased an older machine and when machining point to point kellering moves the machine seems to be trying to hard to hit exact position so the movement is growling almost shaking the machine. 1996 machine year.

the newer machines have a max corner rounding setting 85, that controls the decell on turns. this is what fixed this problem on another machine.

anyone with any suggestions?

First I would call Haas factory (not the HFO) and ask them to fax you the parameter list for that machine..you will need the serial number. This will be for that machine and that machine only..it will be a list stating how all the parameters where set when the machine left the factory..

Then I would take a hard look a parameters 101 thru 104...these are the "In position Limit" parameters for each axis..101 = X axis 102= Y and so on..(note these parameter numbers might be different for your machine) ..that is why it is handy to have the list from Haas..

There could be other factors too..but I would look here first...as these are directly related to what you have ask about..

G09 and G61 also call "exact stop" with G61 being "Modal"..G64 cancels the G61..so you might try and call a G64 to see if the G61 has been called and not canceled..unlikly but possible..and easy to check.

Also with out seeing the feed rate and code you are running it is hard to say if that is influencing the shuttering..a 96 machine should be a "Brushless" servo machine..depending again on the code it is trying to swollow..it should be good to well over 100 ipm without any shuttering...and as high as 200ipm..but again that would depend on the code, (IE length of small lines and arcs) and the present state of the machine..IE: servo tune, general condition..ect..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

servo tune? I thought that only needed doing when the machine is setup?

I got the machine to run smoothly but backing all of the cutter comp off and m76 to turn monitor function off. also set 101-103 to 1000, 2000, then 3000. finally got it going smoothly but the biggest change was the cutter comp.

it is doing splined 3 axis tool path ranging in segment size from .003 to .040". I have always had problems with this machine and feed rates causing shudder.

If you think a motor tuning is an issue maybe I will get a tech out and take a look..

I would post the code but its quite a large file and splining looks like greek after a couple hundred lines anyway.

michael t.

Michael,

I'm not sure I would just go changing those parameter like you said..I was suggesting you get the parameter list and see if they had been changed from the factory settings..

Now you have provided more info..those parameters do not effect feeds..

You mentioned turning off CC helped..setting 44 is "min feed in radius CC %" again if this code a lot of tiny arcs this could have an effect on the "shuttering"..

I was just saying that "it should be good to well over 100 ipm without any shuttering...and as high as 200ipm..but again that would depend on the code, (IE length of small lines and arcs) and the present state of the machine..IE: servo tune, general condition..ect.." just in reference to what you might expect to see as a usable feed a rate..not saying this is what you are experiancing...your servos could be in perfect tune..

What is your present feed rate?
    It could be that it is just to fast for this machine with this code..as a control can only read so many lines of code at a set rate..after that ..well you know what happens..the shorter the moves per line and the more trouble it has keeping up..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Not to worry about the settings I have the original specs page one of my tech guys printed for me. And besides I've changed them before, they seem to have the same effect as setting 85 but not as noticable..

didn't know about setting 44 will look into that tomorrow when I get into work.

present feed is 60ipm 7500rpm 1/2 carbide aluma mill. which works beutifully on all my other haas. (better at 10000rpm) but the older one seems to be a bit tempormental but it might be the setting you mentioned and if It is... I own you a beer :cheers: