587,192 active members*
2,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > EMCO Compact 6P CNC with TM02 control

EMCO Compact 6P CNC with TM02 control

Hello,

I have an EMCO Compact 6P CNC lathe with TM02 control and no MSD tape. I have been in contact with EMCO in Columbus, Ohio three times. The first contact I was instructed to call back with the name of the College and the machine build number. The second and third contact I provided that information to the receptionist along with ny e-mail address. I still do not have the machine parameters. Is there any other solution?

RFB

Compact6 and Turn120P

I have a Compact 6 and Turn120P.. Neither of them have any controls at all. I have decided to rebuild them with Mach3 control systems. That is my crazy idea.. I am currently in the middle of the first rebuild. I have the control panel mostly done. I have 5-phase amps.. mach3.. Getting pretty close to done.

Ray

I recently found:
    Item 1:EMCO VMC-100 Mill with EMCOtronic TM02 Control Panel
    Item 2: EMCOturn 120P Lathe with EMCOtronic TM02 Control Panel.
    for sale. How much should I pay for both.

One more question. Do these machines connect to a PC, or are they programmed exclusively through the controller?

I recently missed a 120P for $1500, with unknown 'issues' with the controller.
    There was a 6P offered for sale a while ago, that I saw, for $3500.
    I see others listed around the world for anywhere up to 7K Euro (for Emcp 120P/6P lathes)

Without some idea of condition, whether they work or not, pricing is all over the place. Best bet is to ask the seller what they want, and if you are happy with that, pay, etc.

They can be programmed using a cam program like Mastercam or Gibbs, with the appropriate Post file to convert the info into the code that the machine understands, format-wise.

School machines?

Cheers
    Trev

These machines came out of the Industrial Technology department at a local university. They are in decent condition, and were running before being disconnected for sale. They are asking $2500 for each.

I have a 6P-CNC with the tape, extra boards and the control I'm not using. I am almost done with a retrofit.

The $2500 price seems pretty reasonable to me.
    That's about what a CNC sherline would cost, if not a bit less. You cannot stash a CNC Emco in the hall closet, though, either.

Tooling with...? Tooling can cost a small bundle too, so anything they include in the deal is good.

If you are planning to buy them, check to make sure any software and disks or tapes is present. The machine parameters data especially. If the machine sits without power long enough that the battery dies on the mainboard, it loses the parameters data and will error out until it is reloaded.

Good luck!

Cheers
    Trev

I went for it an got the mill. I am still considering the lathe. I think that I am going to retrofit with a new controller and use Mach3. I was told that the tool change operation could be handled by writing a VB script. Does anyone have any experience with this.