587,096 active members*
7,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > mastercam and the m2

mastercam and the m2

how do i get mastercam9 mill1
    and a mazak m2 to converse

what do you mean ... to communicate with each other ... to load programs ... have it run properly ?

Yes I Cant Get The Two To Upload Or Down Load Any Thing

are you using a floppy disk or a DNC cable ?

dnc cable

obvislouly check your connections which im sure you already did .. but also make sure that your Baud rate match up with whatever program you use to send your programs and your machine. If you think that cable itself is bad try a new one, worse case you can always take it back.
    what programs do you use and what is your machine ?

you could also try a more detailed post in this fourm sub section
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Were did the cable come from did you make it the the wiring config for the Mazak?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

yes mastercam made the wire for us and we have had the machines drip fed by preditor but now our master cam post wont seem to work

What is the post not doing that it did before.Not posting or not posting using the right post need more info as i am not see a communications issue post a post now issue.

Did you just load this to a new computer?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks for jumping in here CadCam, I thought I could help since I just setup 3 machines with a DNC cable, but I was getting lost at the lack of infomation.

I am with you the nore info the better.
    As I am a Mastercam & predator user but sounds like thats not the issue.
    Cadcam

yeah hard to say. But sounds more like a post issue and that is not something I trust myself enough to give info on. I dont like playing with my own but I will if need be.