586,969 active members*
3,075 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Brother TC229 Linux CNC retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by sbaer View Post

My original hope was to keep the original Sanyo Denki motors and drives but I found that the Brother control was talking to the drives with some sort of serial format so I gave up on the Sanyo denki drives. The motors are four pole brushless servos with incremental encoders (5000 lines for XYand Z, 1024 lines for the spindle) and no hall sensors. After spending 40 hours of research and another 40 hours of experimenting I managed to get all the axis motors running with AB Ultra3000 which has an algorithm that allows it to determine its commutation based on the encoder pulses without the use of hall sensors. I made a bunch of educated guesses for motor values such as inductance, resistance, rated current, torque constant etc, if anyone needs help with the specifics they should email me, it took me a long time to figure it all out. Overall I am happy with drives they allow a lot of flexibility in configuring the IO and the Ultraware software works well. Many of the used Ultra3000 drives on Ebay have the SERCOS network feature but I found that the software allows you to disable this and use the either step and direction or analogue commands. I have a mix of 2098-010 and 2098-020 models. I will need the higher current 020 for the z axis.

Hi, it's been a lot of years, but maybe you still remember or have documentation of what parameters you entered into Ultraware for sanyo denki engines. I have a BROTHER 312 that has crashed and I want to control it with ULTRA3000 drivers, but after a few days of trying I give up. The motors I have in the machine are 700W 3.36A 4-pole with a 5000 PPR encoder. Please help.

Please forgive the mistakes I translate using googletranslate

Re: Brother TC229 Linux CNC retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by szary11 View Post
    Hi, it's been a lot of years, but maybe you still remember or have documentation of what parameters you entered into Ultraware for sanyo denki engines. I have a BROTHER 312 that has crashed and I want to control it with ULTRA3000 drivers, but after a few days of trying I give up. The motors I have in the machine are 700W 3.36A 4-pole with a 5000 PPR encoder. Please help.

Please forgive the mistakes I translate using googletranslate

i have successfully control spindle TC-22A. TC-S2A with Vector Control Drive the price only 370 USD from china. and able to run at 12000rpm without problem., and also i can control spindle for Spindle Orientation (for ATC Purpose)