587,875 active members*
3,438 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 0M HELP!!- Extreme overtravel in both +/-

Fanuc 0M HELP!!- Extreme overtravel in both +/-

Komo vr508q router and fanuc 0m controller. Machine stopped mid run and showed 1350 extreme overtravel and 1370 extreme overtravel in both + and - directions. I have been told that it is the 24V power supply that has gone bad. we checked the power coming out of the supply and got 24V on the S+ side and 0V on the S- side. Is this correct? We cannot figure out where to go from here. The pictures attached may give someone a better idea of what is going on. Thanks for the help!
    Alex.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Check and see if +OTR and -OTR are picked up, they drop out in over travel.
    There will be a contact on each that go into the PMC input, the fact that the OT's are hardwired to a single relay points to that you may not have an internal ladder (PMC)?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The two relays pictured get 24V in but, I do not know if they are working. The LEDs in the lower right hand side do not come on at all when the machine, and pedestal have power. Should I be looking for something from here? I apologize, but I do not know what PMC is or internal ladder. I am more than willing to take several more pictures where these wires lead too from the +-OTR if needed.
    Thanks,
    Alex.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00115-20101019-1142.jpg  

You should be able to see if the relays are picked up, the led's should be on.
    If they are not, this is your problem, if you have 24vdc on the 24DT & 0VTC then it is one of the proximity switches that is bad, you will notice the switches are shown in a box with a third lead (0VTC) this indicates it is a proximity switch, if these have leds on them then you should be able to see which is not on.
    Or check the voltage from 0VTC to each of the J3xx terminals for 24vdc.
    Al.

Albert E.

Exclamation

Hi,turn all off,wite 5 second,turn one the power,and press p button+can button,hold this 2 button and turn one the nc,wait 5 secon,remove the hold button,make a zero return,in this operation you reset the memory of encoder....http://www.cnczone.com/forums/images...cons/icon4.gif are sure the button are p+can but p+reset you reset all memory of machine !!

The led's are not coming on. Just to be clear, they don't come one once a program has been started, correct? The relays seem in good condition, not burnt up or anything. Are you saying the LEDs are not coming on because of the extreme overtravel alarms have prevented them, or that the extreme overtravel alarms have destroyed them? Could we temp. jump the wire across to see if it makes the alarm disappear or is this a big no no?

AS the overtravels are all AND'ed together, it means that the relays should be picked up when no overtravel exists, as soon as there is 24vdc power.
    If they were OR'ed (in parallel) then the relays would be in an off condition until overtravel.
    Unless someone has wired the coil backwards, then the the LED's should be on in a NON-overtravel situation.
    If you pull the relay out of its socket you can hear it click off if it happens to actually be energized.
    You could jumper them out from 24v to the coil if you wanted to test if the LED comes on or the relay picks up.
    Disconnect terminal 14 on the relay before the test and connect terminal 14 to the 24vdc.
    Al.

Albert E.

I have since jumped the relay in order for it work. The led came on each one and I was able to home the machine. I started up a program and got about a minute into it when 4 alarms came up.
    400 servo overload.
    414 x axis detect error
    424 y axis detect error
    434 z axis detect error

The machine is stuck in Not ready mode. Part of me thinks its not just the relays.

Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Alex.

Alarm 400 is as it says axis overload, is the motor hot or is there an overload tripped on a drive? Does it operate after the machine is off for a while?
    The relays are completely separate to the control.
    Al.

Albert E.

turned out to be a blown fuse. Swapped it and machine has been up since then. Your help has been invaluable. THANK YOU