587,189 active members*
2,577 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Installing and Activating

Installing and Activating

Hi Dolphin Users,

I just purchased Dolphin PartsMaster Pro Mill. I have my Activation code and I have Dolphin installed, but before I activate it, a few questions.

1. Where do I enter the code to activate Dolphin? I played with the help menu and hit activate code, but no dialogue comes up that let's me enter the activation code.

2. I might want to move Dolphin from one computer to another. Knowing I have a single seat license and no paid support, as of yet, will this be a problem? If I delete Dolphin from one PC to move Dolphin to another will this be acceptable or am I stuck with the PC I originally install Dolphin on?

3. I read somewhere that a Dolphin user's computer crashed, lost his hard drive or something like that. After he got the PC fixed, he reinstalled Dolphin and was not able to reactivate the license because of hardware changes to his PC. Is this true and what should I do to protect my investment from becoming useless in case of hardware failure?

Thanks for the help.
    Larry P Austin

Hello,

Will try and answer this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KT6G Radio View Post
    Hi Dolphin Users,

I just purchased Dolphin PartsMaster Pro Mill. I have my Activation code and I have Dolphin installed, but before I activate it, a few questions.

1. Where do I enter the code to activate Dolphin? I played with the help menu and hit activate code, but no dialogue comes up that let's me enter the activation code
    If you go to the help menu, click on Activate License, then follow the prompt.

2. I might want to move Dolphin from one computer to another. Knowing I have a single seat license and no paid support, as of yet, will this be a problem? If I delete Dolphin from one PC to move Dolphin to another will this be acceptable or am I stuck with the PC I originally install Dolphin on? No, you can move to another PC as needed. There is no restriction to this.
    3. I read somewhere that a Dolphin user's computer crashed, lost his hard drive or something like that. After he got the PC fixed, he reinstalled Dolphin and was not able to reactivate the license because of hardware changes to his PC. Is this true and what should I do to protect my investment from becoming useless in case of hardware failure?
    We are not aware of this. If a computer crashes, obviously it was an accident. We would never deny a customer of there license. Please let us know if this has ever happened. We have no problem re-distributing the license.
    Thanks for the help.
    Larry P Austin
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Thank you support

I should have mentioned I am running Win Vista 64bit version. What I had to do was run the programs under Administrator control to enable the licensing. All is good there. All programs work.

I still get "Cannot find DOLPHIN.INI" after I start the program/s. I did a c-drive search and nothing comes up. Seems not to be a problem at this time. Should I be concerned?

Thanks
    Larry

I had my dolphin pc die a couple years ago. Dolphin was great about getting me an updated license. I think it was even over a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by KT6G Radio View Post
    I should have mentioned I am running Win Vista 64bit version. What I had to do was run the programs under Administrator control to enable the licensing. All is good there. All programs work.

I still get "Cannot find DOLPHIN.INI" after I start the program/s. I did a c-drive search and nothing comes up. Seems not to be a problem at this time. Should I be concerned?

Thanks
    Larry
    The Dolphin.ini only applies to dongle users. If you use the activation route, that message will appear. The bottom dialogue appears to activation users.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Quote Originally Posted by mrcodewiz View Post
    I had my dolphin pc die a couple years ago. Dolphin was great about getting me an updated license. I think it was even over a weekend.
    mrcodewiz, thanks for the information. Glad to know.

got it

Dolphin USA,

Thank you for the very fast replies. I do not see the request for the INI file anymore.

The software is awesome, although I need to go through the tutorials. Thanks Dolphin for making affordable software for the home hobbyist machinist.

Larry "many more questions to come" Austin