587,698 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 10 parts list needed

i am considering switching over to a Fanuc system from a mach 3 stepper system.
    i see there is loads of parts on Ebay, but not sure what i would need to put a system together.

My requirements:
    System that offer lookahead and interpolation
    2 axis using 2 servo's with around 1000oz/in torque maybe more

i do not need any jog controls, just a way to get the g-code in the unit
    not much else, can someone help me with a list of components i would need to buy.

A fanuc 10 11 15 will work

Thanks
    Curtis-

See my other post.
    If you buy a used Fanuc and the system does not come with the parameters and options still loaded, or are not included in hard copy, you are just about dead in the water.
    Something to be aware of.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have a complete, running Cadillac NC100 lathe with Fanuc 5T control that I can put you into for a quite reasonable price. Includes 10hp variable speed DC motor drive and indexable tool turret.

You could be into the the whole running thing for far less than a retrofit kit would run. Price would include lathe schematics, parameters list w/updates and a FULL set of OEM documentation. All boards were recently refurbished and tested for function performance by Billor Ent in Texas.

System is awaiting construction/arrival of an optoisolated BTR conversion system which would be included in the transaction along with the BTR software. It is under power at this time and the guards are removed to save floor space and for machine repainting.

Hi NC Cams,
    I have Ikegai FX 25N with Fanuc 5T (if not wrong), I am thinking to have spare for this controller if good price. Could you please quote for the price? Thanks. Asuratman.

I prefer to sell the ENTIRE lathe as a funtioning unit as it sits - this way, there will be no complaints about the not working after shipment as can be the case with machines of this vintage.

If you only want control box, the controller price would nearly be the same as whole unit price. You see, I already have a spare lathe iron for my other identical machines

The lathe has been sitting idle since it was purchased. Business simply did not develop as promised and I need to get my purchase price back from the sale of it.

Let me know if you are still interested and I will come up with a price and reply via private mail.

We could arrange for a demonstration locally for your agent prior to purchase. International crating and shipping terms would have to be negotiated.

HI NC Cams,
    My intention is to have spare for my old controller but cheap. If I could not have it, I plan to retrofit with PC base CNC with AC servo. It is very difficult to get 5T parts. If you go to Fanuc USA, its expensive. Are you going to retrofit your CNC? It is very risky to have old cnc when you have things to do. I have already asked Fanuc 0iT is 15600 USD complete including installation here. I also ask somebody that he got CNC from Taiwan for 7000 USD. Its PC base AC servo (Panasonic or mitsubishi motor 1500 W 10 NM cons). All is expensive, I am just small shop.

I fully understand about small shop and expensive nature of CNC. Sadly, this is "global phenomenon".

I have spent much time trying to find PC based retrofit to upgrade these 5T based controls (I have 3). The results of these exploits are found here:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...lathe+retrofit

Simple summary: it is VERY expensive and VERY difficult to PC retrofit a commercial quality NC lathe. Especially if you want to retain AC or DC servos as this and other commercial machines are fitted. I know because I looked long and hard to try (see above).

Regardless of the advertisements to the contrary, a lathe of this type costs $8,000 to $10,000 USD or more to retrofit PLUS service charges. This cost assumes DIY DC servos and all the "mandatory" parts needed from Ajax, Camsoft or other "retrofit" suppliers (see lathe retrofit threads above for the "quality" of these systems).

You must also realize that "legacy" machines like this are fitted with high power/high current servo motors. Very few DIY retrofit servo amps are powerful enough to drive them - they exist but they more rare and more costly. THis is why Ajax and other retrofit companies force you to buy new servos at retrofit - this drive replacement greatly increases the "real cost" of the retrofit.

Fortunately, I have found several used/salvage 5T machine controllers for spare parts - thus I have enough spares for some time to come to service my other 2 machines.

This a complete functioning NC lathe. It is complete with 5T controller, machine parameters, DC spindle motor (variable speed), DC motor drive, lathe iron, manual 10" chuck, all factory documtation, wiring diagrams, etc -

It is essentially complete with everything except tool holders which were not supplied. Most importantly, IT RUNS for you or anyone to see.

Fanuc currently wants about $4500 USD for the "A" board alone - similar price for the "B" board. Power supplies, servo drives, optional memory board, etc are also very expensive and hard to get as you know.

However, this machine is complete controller with tape reader, optional memory board, power suppply, international transformers, servo drives, DC motor drive, everything - it is a turn key, running lathe.

I would like to obtain $6,000USD for it but would sacrifice it for $5,000 USD to make quick sale. Again, this is FULL RUNNING NC LATHE. Machine cost was over $45,000 new - I have original purchase records.

I assure you, this price for WHOLE ENTIRE LATHE + CONTORLLER is much less than the cost of ANY retrofit that I could find - trust me, I looked long and hard (see above links).

NOTE: all the motherboards and memory boards in this machine were inspected and tested by local Fanuc expert. He already "fixed" many of the weak solder points and other problem areas that "old machines" suffer from.

We also did a complete professioal rewire with new up-to-date wiring of the I/O board to the external drives/lathe iron. Thus, many "weak points" of old machines are already fixed/addressed.

We learned our lessons about old equipment when we bought and moved these machines to their current location. We found and fixed ALL these "old" problems.

This machine is MUCH more sturdy than other old controllers of this type for these reasons. It should survive "travel" very well.