Hello all i have not been on the fourm for a few years since my last build and thank you for all the help with building my last cnc
well a deal that i could not pass up came along and i could use a little help to get it updated.
It is a 10' x 10' MG industries router table with a 5.5hp perskie router it was made in 1988
it is powered by a Burny 2.5 controller with burny servo pak. Also i have all the original blue prints for the machine and electronics
it is a x y and the z it air powered. it needs some updating but i dont know much about servos and encoders.
my options are i could switch to steppers and Kelling drives and a breakout and control it with mach3 like my other machine.
but what i was thinking is keeping the servos with new controllers and run mach3
So the servos have a tach on them and a seperate encoder and a resolver on the x and x slave
Any advice on new controllers ,encoders and power supply ect to get this running on mach 3
i will include some pictures also the 5.5hp router and inverter is 3 phase and i will be selling it if any one is looking
thanks Jeff