587,421 active members*
3,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 58 of 184 848565758596068108158
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

And still no response after a week.
    But at least I got some help, someone in China will try to call some people tomorrow to find out what has happened. I gave him all the information I have, so hopefully he can get us some information.

Well, no luck...

Hi, Sascha, Sorry no news, All phone numbers are dead end, , can not get any info even on Chinese Search Engine,tried phone number, email address, name. It's pretty easy to guess his Chinese name according to the spelling. I think it is a cheating story in the first place and Mr Pan has been cover up for his activities.

doh.

I still don't know about the cheating, too much evidence to the contrary (machines built to spec, your delivered spindle). it is seeming like hes deliberately run away though, that's for sure.

Johnno what address did he give you? Might help other people. If i was out 10 grand, id be buying a plane ticket.

Did anybody actually get a machine built to spec? It would not be hard to deliver a spindle to gain a little trust. Not saying that it happened in this case however it would be a possibility.

Hi, It would appear from the last few photos showing some machines in various stages of completion that the enterprise was a genuine one and somewhere along the way something went pearshaped.

Even if the photos are a good Photoshop creation, the fact that they exist and were on UTUBE actually working and making parts means the machines are somewhere too, probably in storage waiting for a new premises to go into production again.

It's possible that all the available financial resources are being channeled into setting up the business again and no left overs to complete the current half finished stuff......but I can't understand the deathly silence, unless his laptop is in hoc ....LOL.

Come October and my wait will be one year.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by newman55598 View Post
    Did anybody actually get a machine built to spec? It would not be hard to deliver a spindle to gain a little trust. Not saying that it happened in this case however it would be a possibility.
    the machines with the split 80mm clamp were specific to people here. then the custom spec 80mm iso20 spindles were made. people also asked for longer tables, which were made. one of the machines was fitted with a kflop for another customer.

so, that aspect of the operation was not fake or a scam. you don't go to the trouble of actually making the machines if you don't intend to deliver.

multiple people on this forum would also have to be in on the scam for the machines to be "fake". anythings possible on the interwebs of course, but highly unlikely.

whats the worry, go back to the beginning of the thread, he went over a year with no updates once already so give it till next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    whats the worry, go back to the beginning of the thread, he went over a year with no updates once already so give it till next year.
    ha. that was before people had given him any money.

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    Johnno what address did he give you? Might help other people. If i was out 10 grand, id be buying a plane ticket.
    I don't have an address for where he is now, he just said it was a long way from where he had been working. The only thing I have, that I haven't mentioned so far in the thread, is another email address that he replied to me from when Mr Pan helped me get in touch with him. But he hasn't replied to me on it since, so it's a bit of a dead end as well, it's 上海缔丛精机 <[email protected]>

I have been giving a lot of thought to how to salvage something out of this. On the weekend I sent Defeng an email on his skyfire address and the one above. I asked him to box up one of the SVM-2's that was assembled in the photo's he showed, one of the green ex Makini ones I believe, and tell me where it could be picked up, and I'd send someone to pick it up. I offered to call that the end of the transaction with no hard feelings if he does this. I've had no response.

I know I'd be a lot out of pocket with this, but at least I'd have the bit of the machine that I can't do myself, I can put the rest of it together.

Buying a plane ticket would not do me any good, I don't really know where he is, I don't speak the language, I don't know the customs or how to operate in China without offending people or perhaps even inadvertently breaking the law, I don't even know what he looks like or how old he is. However I have been offered some help from someone who has very good contacts in China, if I don't hear from Defeng soon I will take them up on the offer.

One other thing, I have his bank account details, it's got me wondering if we all paid into the same account? I won't post the details here, but I'm wondering how we could work out if it was all the same account? I'm thinking follow the money....

regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnno402002 View Post

One other thing, I have his bank account details, it's got me wondering if we all paid into the same account? I won't post the details here, but I'm wondering how we could work out if it was all the same account? I'm thinking follow the money....

regards,

John
    maybe post the first and last digit. that would be enough for everyone to confirm it was or wasn't the same account for everyone.

OK, the bank is the Bank of Communications, Shanghai branch, the account was in the name of Shanghai Dicong Precision Machine Manufacture Co., Ltd., the first 2 digits are 31, the last two are 75

the company name is associated with skyfire, and has a record of at least 1 cnc machine related item shipped to the US via container in 2012. that must be a machine or multiples - 5200kg. maybe it is mikini related and not skyfire.

address
    NO 5702 CHUANSHA ROAD PUDONG DISTRICT SHANGHAI CHINA

was that the same as the factory or is that different?

edit: ok, it was to mikini. found the name (cowley engineering).

so this makes this sound to me like some small proof this was a colossal failure rather than a scam.

even if the partially built machines are found especially if they are not in the possession of skyfire any longer, how would one go about claiming ownership and having them shipped to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    even if the partially built machines are found especially if they are not in the possession of skyfire any longer, how would one go about claiming ownership and having them shipped to you?
    no idea. china probably has similar laws as we do here for that, but executing them may be difficult or impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    the company name is associated with skyfire, and has a record of at least 1 cnc machine related item shipped to the US via container in 2012. that must be a machine or multiples - 5200kg. maybe it is mikini related and not skyfire.

address
    NO 5702 CHUANSHA ROAD PUDONG DISTRICT SHANGHAI CHINA

was that the same as the factory or is that different?

edit: ok, it was to mikini. found the name (cowley engineering).

so this makes this sound to me like some small proof this was a colossal failure rather than a scam.
    Ihavenofish,

What a relief, Johnno402002 will feel better knowing he lost ten thousand dollars funding a colossal failure verses a scam.
    Maybe a chocolate frosted turd taste good too.
    Live from downtown Burbank,

JoeyB
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    Ihavenofish,

What a relief

JoeyB
    it just means a different course of action. no relief provided unless youre sending a jelly doughnut care package.

Hi......so the Shanghai Dicong Precision Machine Manufacture Co Ltd must be registered for business and taxes somewhere in China and that makes it a traceable workplace and to whom it is registered too.

I would guess Defeng pays taxes on his business activities, so if he has "acquired" money as part of his business and not declared it for taxation, then that would put him in stook with the Chinese tax department as tax evasion........I hear people get shot for fraud quite regularly in China.

If the Chinese authorities are as strict as the rest of the World on taxation, it would not be too hard to have Defeng come to the table and declare his intentions for the future of the mill production that started off so well.

We have his given name for the project, his website and his bank account details also his last address in Shanghai and now his current address, and we also have his Paypal account info.....all traceable.

So perhaps if Defeng is still reading the posts he can make some effort to reply either with a single post or several to the respective customers with outstanding orders.

Silence may be golden, but it's fool's gold in the end.
    Ian.

another week gone by, still no word from defeng, guess he's not worried about staying silent.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno402002 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've purchased a lathe from another Chinese company, they have been very good to deal with. They tried to contact Defeng for me but with no luck. My lathe is here at the moment.. Once it arrives I'll write it up in another thread

regards,

John

Hi John,

I hope your new lathe from China is not on your waiting list as well...?

PS. What did you buy?

Ard

Page 58 of 184 848565758596068108158