587,925 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 258 of 422 158208248256257258259260268308358
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi all. Long time lurker. Looking to build a cnc router, etc to further my making habit. Currently an industrial design student.

Hi everyone. My day job is a lineman for the phone co. and own a co that sells led light bars for sxs's and I'm buying a cnc plasma table to build parts and art work for my wife to sell.

Shopping for new CNC machine for 36" diameter by 5 ft tall 3D works

Hi,

as the subject implies

my work will be governed by the rotary indexing lathe. i therefore need a very wide clearance that can twist and turn upto 1 yard diameter(3.5 feet/36 inches) pieces for 3D rotary indexing machining maybe an alternative can be 5 axis with upto 36 gantry clearance although am not sure it will work for 5 feet tall models.

ive looked stinger 3 with indexing lathe and also at thermwood with 5 axis. stinger has only 12" clearance on its indexer, and yet to get a reply from thermwood.

please, advise.
    thanks

Michael

Hi guys.
    Well Im a musician and a guitar ethusiast, so Im looking to build myself a cnc router so that I can... well, do parts, bodies and experimental shapes, inlays etc etc. In other hand Im just looking to have fun and ease some of my hobbysteps

Hi Everyone. I'm new to CNC. Glad to be a part of the zone! See you in the threads.

Hello All!

I'm new to CNC, though I've wanted to do this for a VERY long time. How long? Well, long enough that when I first started visiting this site, "Epoxy Granite" (or "polymerized concrete") was still in the "It might be possible..." stages. Now, people are building machines with it. I'm hoping to take the plunge this year. I've been collecting parts via eBay to build a Mill from scratch, and now.... with painful irony.... I'm thinking of going down the "Buy & Convert" or "Buy Commercial" path. Anyway, thank you to all members for selflessly sharing your inspiration, ingenuity, time, and advice in helping people like me get started! I hope to contribute my own "build" this year. Cheers!

Hello
    I´m from México and I want to become a DIY enthusiast.

Hi Everyone,

I've been spending the past week looking for my first metal lathe. Ran into this forum during my search and after reading multiple threads it felt like a good place to belong. Although I've never owned or operated a lathe before, I've spent more hours than I care to admit making replacement and custom parts by hand for my Cobra replica, two motorcycles and even the house. I especially like working with stainless steel. If I needed a lathe, I would rig up something on my drill press. But now that I'm retired, it's time to move forward and get my lathe.

Hi, looking to make my own CNC, have seen many good references on this site. Background in machining / milling / welding / manufacturing / repairing and so on.

Hello. i'm hoping some experienced cnc guys can steer me in the right direction for converting my industrial inkjetuv printer into a router or plasma cutter the machine has a 10' gantry with a belt drive and fuji servo drives the printer operates by going right to left the advancing the gantry the width of one print path the machine is only x-y height of the heads adjusts manually 2 inches with a thumb screw

i'm completely lost as to how to drive the x-y motion in a vector path anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Hi,
    I'm Stephane and work in a technical school as a R&D engineer in Switzerland. I equipped our lab with 2 milling cnc:
    - 4-axis from Roland MDX-40A,
    - 5-axis from MDA Precision.

I am using Alphacam for tools path generation.

Hi there,

I'm totally new to CNC but we have a small printing business that specialize in hot foiling, Security Hologram application etc.

We have an EMCO FB-2 in the workshop that I want to convert to CNC, an engineer will do it for me, to be able to make our own foiling and embossing dies out of brass or copper or magnesium.

It's still in the very early stages but I hope that the FB-2 will be able to do fine enough work for us to be able to do this. We will fit it with ballscrews to up the accuracy.

If it is, I also want to start making textured dies, or then security foiling dies, just not sure how to do it yet, but I will get there.

If there are anyone that can help with the security dies it would be great, as I want to get to a stage where I do all our security stuff in house.

Kind Regards

Zaak

Hello from the home of the Nebraska Cornhuskers in Lincoln, NE

I am a apprentice on aBusellato JET Star 4' x 8' Router, and I will need all the help I can get.

I'm new to cnc plasma cutting trying to get word out if you r looking to buy a cnc plasma don't buy from Jason Rowan at Quantum Mechanics in Canton Texas was supposed to get 2 year contract second he got my money he left me high and dry

I'm new to cnc plasma cutting trying to get word out if you r looking to buy a cnc plasma don't buy from Jason Rowan at Quantum Mechanics in Canton Texas was supposed to get 2 year contract second he get my money left me high and Dry

Hello All. I would like to build my own cnc router. The gantry will be mounted vertically.

Hello, My name is Dan, I work for Carmex. I'm on here personally though for helping with stuff, and possibly asking for help from time to time.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

My name is Doug Coffland. I have be playing around with CNC machines for the past couple of years. I retired about six months and have more time to put into it now. I'm interested to learn about what other people are doing, so I joined your site.

Doug

Hello i am from Pennsylvania and I am using CNC at school

Hi, I'm a mechanic for aerial equipment. I am just getting in to CNC . I'm starting with a router but eventually I want to get into a CNC plasma cutter table. I have dabbled in robotics and mag accelerators. I am familiar with most aspects of machining processes.
    I look forward to learning what there is to know here and perhaps contribute a few things.

Page 258 of 422 158208248256257258259260268308358