587,168 active members*
3,314 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Interesting Big square column mill
Page 2 of 2 12
    BW, Here's a few more:
    America Machine Tools
    Sharp Sharp appears to be a heavier and more expensive machine. Probably worth the extra money if you need the extra capacity. I see a lot of these (not necc. the Sharps) are using Centroid controls. I have no experience with Centroid but I gather NC is "unhappy" with them.
    DZASTR

Thanks for all the extra info. I just got back into town and will take a look!

Cheers,

BW

never buy southwest industry, if at all possible. we have 2 mills purchased new 2yrs and 3yrs ago, and a trak lathe 3yrs old baught new. all garbage. no hard chrome on any of the ways, all are only teflon coated. both mills have been re lapped already. and the lathe has flood coolant and nothing can keep the coolant out of the electronics and the belt drive assembly. orderd a belt from swi for our lathe over $100 with shipping and found the same one in mcmaster car for $25. the lathe is down atleast twice a month

Good luck on those machines

BobWarfield, I see you made it back home. Still interested in the bed mills? Did you ever approach any vendors on "CNC ready" machines?
    DZASTR

Richard, its on my back burner. I love those mills, and was thinking just this morning to shelve any thoughts of a knee mill in favor of one. However, I need to finish CNC converting the machines I have--a lathe and 2 IH mills. I have also decided I need a bigger lathe for certain projects, so that will be the first "big" machine I pick up.

I have my eye on Mori Seikis and their clones. They seem to combine some of the best attributes of precision ala Monarch/Hardinge with a lot more capacity.

A big bed mill will follow all that, but at my pace, it'll be a year or two out!

Best,

BW

This is a cool thread about bed mill machines that weigh 2500 pounds. Its been bounced through all the forums and now its in the bench top mini mill forum. How about if the (Knee Mill forum) goes back to being the (Vertical Mill )forum and stuff like this fit in there just great. Thanks, Dave

How about "Bed Mill" or "Vertical Bed Mill" ? These aren't really bench mills though some could be if the bench is REALLY BUILT. I made that mistake earlier and stand corrected.
    DZASTR

Re: Interesting Big square column mill

I have a Servo 5000 does anyone know where I can get a operation manual at?

Quote Originally Posted by superbain View Post
    I also have a Servo 5000. I have had good service from Everett Reeve at this site. He was an engineer at Servo when they were making these bed mills. He also does repairs on the circuit boards and has parts, although expensive.

Welcome

FAQs

Good Luck, Billk

Quote Originally Posted by superbain View Post
    I also have a Servo 5000. I have had good service from Everett Reeve at this site. He was an engineer at Servo when they were making these bed mills. He also does repairs on the circuit boards and has parts, although expensive.

Welcome

FAQs

Good Luck, Billk

Page 2 of 2 12