587,189 active members*
2,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Novakon nm-200 or tormach pcnc 1100?
Page 2 of 2 12
    As previoulsy stated in another thread, I choose the Novakon NM-200 Pro Series 2 CNC mill for the following reasons:

Khai Uong (Novakon Director of Sales) – His pre-sale support, fast day, nights and week ends e-mail responses to my questions were extraordinary and way beyond what one would expect.

6000 RPM Spindle speed

Linear Z axis

Larger table size (40’ x 12”)

Superior X and Y travel (24” and 15”)

17.5" clearance between table top and spindle

Fifty percent larger XYZ machining work space envelope

The availability of 5th and 6th axis’s

Three HP spindle motor

No belts change required when adjusting spindle RPMs from the lowest to the highest speeds available

Computer built into the modular controller cabinet (the same as higher end CNC machines)

Availability of Visual Mill CAM package (Works well with Alibre and is much simpler for me to use than SprutCAM)

Larger stepper motors

The availability of a Stepper Feedback Detection System (This system provides instance feedback if the CNC mill were to loose steps, thus preventing damage to the machine or the part being machined)

In the end, Novakon won my order by being able to provide a better package for less money.

I was able to assemble and use the NM-200 CNC mill and stand within a 24-hour period. It was a turnkey operation as my NM-200 came with the computer built into the controller panel. All stepper motors were already installed.

The attached pictures show the XYZ Axis movement, a 15" x 16" quilting template being machined, and the high quality engraving capabilities of the Novakon CNC machine. The Danger lettering is 0.25, .1875, 0.1, and 0.05 inches in height. The text is very readable even at 0.1 inches.

The additional XY Axis movement makes this machine hard to beat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06684 (2).JPG   DSC06637 (2).JPG   DSC06615 (2).JPG   DSC06536 (2).JPG  

I might repeat myself again but I do not have need to play or be specially nice to anyone.If It is my personal need to express myself ,than I do it.

Financially stable but not financially unlimited.
    I happened to gain certain knowledge and social recognition due to education and activity.SBIR programs of NASA Dep of Defense and many more...Here what I can say to help others:

I have purchased NM-200 from Novakon.
    Their sales rep. Robert is absolutely nice person.
    Behind all of the slick talking most of the sales reps are just repeating known to them formulas and most of them have little to non interest in the subject.With the time they just memorized any possible answer to any possible question.When you go slightly of track they are lost.

It is your money Future Owner of CNC. All you need is somebody to tell you all what you need to know.And most important is to find from that what is the imperfection of the machine.

Robert is different.
    And in my mind much better. He is honest even if that does not work for his benefit.
    He wants to make money but at the same time he does not want you to feel like you are being dragged into the spending,
    especially when he needs to consult himself to make sure that he is serving you the best .

I do not expect from MN-200 to be Haas.
    I expect knowledgeable and fair approach.

So if you happened to call Novakon ask for Robert.If you decide to buy what I have purchased you'll be satisfied from the fact that purchase was only your own decision and not result of work of " someone educated in sales art"

Wes.

Page 2 of 2 12