587,103 active members*
4,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > machining order issue
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: machining order issue

Okay, I will clarify my terminology.
    At first I had the single Machine Setup, with a feature of pocketing, with a profile finish. Then I added another feature, pocket only, then another feature, pocket and profile finish. Mind you, the first feature pocket is not the same as the second pocket, its a pocket smaller and below the first pocket. IT WOULD NOT MACHINE IN THAT ORDER. It would not allow me to move the strategies into the order I wanted. It would move them, but not into the order needed. So I thought ok, I can force this crashing sob to do what I want while I wait for you guys to possibly help with a solution. For which I do appreciate the help and answers.

ok so I went back to reread robs earlier posts, pretty much cause I knew, or rather thought to myself I know these guys know what they are talking about, so I went into bobcad to recreate the issue, which I was able to do. And still had the issue where it would not let me move the features into the order that I wanted. however what I missed was where Rob clearly stated Individual Feature, once I clicked that button it moved all the features into the correct order automatically, so that was a great tip that I overlooked, dummy lol. but since I already posted the code for both sides of the square, im going to use them. here is the part file as with the problem so you can see for yourself exactly the issue I was running into. again thanks for help
    it does move the features without clicking the individual features button, but it puts it in the correct order when you click the button without having to move them, nice
    Attached Files Attached Files

That sounds good, as long as you have the code right it doesn`t eally matter how you get there

Does seem that you have a better handle on it all now, well done, keep it up

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Well there was a problem, the controller (mach3) did not appreciate the large file or something, I've done other adaptive roughing strategies and never had issue on the machine, but this actually caused Mach to not want to run the code, something about tool radius not equal to arc or something, so I ended up breaking it down into several programs and it ran it fine. It's probably time to get the smooth stepper board now

A Bull Nose EM,,,you can avoid those artifacts

I was wondering about that, probably just run in with a 1/8th em manually to take em out, or run a profile around it with tiny stepovers

Page 2 of 2 12